Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Had an interesting experienc the other night

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dlew919, Oct 1, 2017.

1. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    Couldn't get the pedal board working, so pugged straight in. Turned amp up (well, the volume, kept the master stable), and manipulated my volume and tone knobs.

WOW.... it's fun. Kind of missed a wah, and a delay... but am considering dumping the board altogther for a while...

have others done this? (I've looked through here, and yes, others have, but it's an interesting discussion to have)

Nashville Deluxe into a Blues Jr Tweed... bit of reverb, natural overdrive, natural clean...

2. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    Even found a nice sound for the middle pickup, which I normally don't use by itsself...

teletimetx likes this.

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I quit pedals about 4 years ago.
    My amp does have effects, but I use them very sparingly.
    I like the simplicity.

dlew919 and 2 Headed Goat like this.

4. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Lately, I have been running straight into an amp for some relaxed practice, but if I get serious, it is off to the main pedalboard for sure.

dlew919 likes this.

5. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    When I'm playing with others I tend to keep things fairly dry and simple, but when I'm noodling around by myself things get freaky in a hurry.

Obsessed, jvin248 and dlew919 like this.

6. jaybones

jaybones Tele-Afflicted

Well since I play a 2 channel amp with chorus, vibrato and reverb the only pedal I need is my volume wah.

7. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

I always liked this video. One guitar, one pickup, one (no two) pedals and two amps.

smsuryan likes this.

8. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I forgot my pedalboard once and the only thing I really missed was overdrive. With a different amp, I could be perfectly happy. I use my pedals all the time but it's good to know I could forget them if I had to.

dlew919 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.