Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Hacked on the Amtrak

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by rwsand, Jan 23, 2013.

1. rwsand

rwsand Tele-Afflicted

Within minutes of boarding the Amtrak (and using my blackberry to return email from my daughter) me and my entire contact list of over 900 received an email from me with a link for berry juice. I didn't click it but some of my contacts did. I did open the email though.

The blackberry syncs to my yahoo mail account which is where the list resides.

At first I thought it was malware transmitted from her email provider but the nice old couple behind me got the same type of intrusion. I think it was Amtraks hotspot. No subject, just a link. I changed my email password but I have to wonder if they got content or just the list of addresses?

Did this happen to anyone else?

2. jaimed

jaimed Poster Extraordinaire

3. rwsand

rwsand Tele-Afflicted

Jeez, I had no idea. Thank you. I now have an Iphone since I thought maybe the Blackberry was more suseptable but I see from the articles nothing is secure from hackers. Especially via bluetooth.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.