Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Gurus Echosex 2 T7E Owners Club

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Sune Andersson, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Sune Andersson

Sune Andersson Tele-Meister

Jul 27, 2011
    Lund, Sweden
    View attachment 556616
    Let’s discuss different setups, how we use the Echosex 2 T7E on our pedalboards, have we tried it with other instruments, in the PÅ etc.
    Is there any problems or is everything perfect?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. Sune Andersson

Jul 27, 2011
    Lund, Sweden
    This is my Echosex 2 T7E (#400)! I have had for three days now and so far I am extatic! This is an expensive pedal (approach. US$ 550-600) but I will not part from it now, it stays!
    IMG_5638.JPG

3. Sune Andersson

Jul 27, 2011
    Lund, Sweden
    Well, what can I say... a marvellous delay unit, this Echosex 2.
    I am beginning to understand it more and more now, and what you can do with it.

Here’s some ideas:

1. Use it in a stereo rig with two amps. Split the dry and wet signal into two amps and it is mindblowing what comes out! The input control becomes a pan control between the two amps. The Echosex sounds great through a single amp, but when you try it out with two amps you’ll never go back. The tone gets crystal clear!

2. Try another delay in front of the Echosex. I was planning to retire my Boss DD-3 (MiJ) when I bought the Echosex. But after trying it before in the chain (DD-3 > ES2) it ended up on the pedalboard again. They sound really good together! I haven’t found out how to use this possibility yet, but it will come more info about this here later on.

3. Try out the two pairs of pots that works together, and you will find loads of tone!
    The first pair is bass/treble pot and length of swell. When in the swell mode... you get a really spooky “reverbish” tone that sounds pretty cool. The second pair is the input control and the vol. echo. Playing around with those two knobs can get the echo harder or smoother.

Here’s a start of what we can add in this thread!
    I am playing in a rock trio and we are constantly looking for ways to fatten up the sound live... and this Gurus Echosex 2 T7E might be a solution to this problem. I will probably not be a faster or better guitar player but I will sound as a more capable one and more around in all spaces in the room.

4. Sune Andersson

Jul 27, 2011
    Lund, Sweden
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  5. Sune Andersson

Jul 27, 2011
    Lund, Sweden
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.