Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Guitarists you like but not a fan of their music.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Area51, Apr 13, 2017.

1. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    We agree!

SubDoc likes this.
  2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I completely agree.
    Love Marty!

3. Serenity23

Serenity23 Tele-Holic

Richie Kotzen. Fantastic player, but the only thing i've ever really liked was his work with Poison on the Native Tongue album.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Seems like some of our experiences depend on 2 basic things:

1) Where is this entertainer in the trajectory of this career? Has he achieved so much success and acclaim that, by the time we grow up enough to discover him, he's mostly fulfilling obligations to his fans, his band, his family, his entourage, his record label; his business combine?

2) Is the individual primarily a guitarist, or is he first an Entertainer? I mean, the only person I can think of who is both a superlative guitarist AND a superlative entertainer of a audience of guys like me, would be Richard Thompson. Everyone else is a little weak in one aspect or the other - sometimes more than a little weak.

Thinking about this the other night: More than once, someone who knew told me "Bubba, you're a decent player, sometimes a decent writer.......but you're about the worst entertainer I can think of". Funny, that so little of the words of TDPRI are about entertaining people and if you can't get that part right, the praise we will have for the guitarist will be conditional and in some cases hollow.

6. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Meister

Jul 23, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    Mark Knopfler.

I've watched documentaries about him, read articles,etc, but rarely like his choons.

7. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Friend of Leo's

He did a good solo album 'Change No Change' if you're interested. :)

8. prebend

prebend Tele-Holic

Jan 28, 2013
    Baltimore, MD, USA
    Jeff Beck.

Also John Frusciante. I'm hit or miss on RHCP material.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.