Guitarists' Preferences:

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by P Thought, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jazztele

jazztele Poster Extraordinaire

Electrics: I like a lot of 'em:D...but the only solid body that even gets a glance is a tele. I like semi-hollows and I really like archtops....12's on Gibson scale, .11's on Fender scale, always with a wound G. Pretty much anything I play mostly plugged in has gotta have flatwound strings on it. Not too picky about nut width/scale length, etc...a good one is a good one.

Acoustics: No flash for me, I hate inlay and pearl and all that...again, I prefer an archtop to anything else, but Taylors are pretty cool...Martins are simply not my bag, at all. No dreadnaughts.

Amps: Solid state...small, loud, and clean. I have absolutely no use for "breakup."

Straps: I'll sit, thank you very much. Otherwise, a Levy's 2" leather strap is fine, I guess.

Picks: make 'em thick with a nice bevel and a thumb imprint is a nice touch...at least 2.5mm. I like Dugains and John Pearse "Fast Turtles" best...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.