Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Guitar storage question

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by JK1964, Jul 1, 2013.

1. JK1964

JK1964 TDPRI Member

OK, I know this probably will sound stupid, and I'm not OCD, REALLY, but...I was wondering if any guitar owners out there stored their guitars (case & all) in another storage compartment, sort of like a gun cabinet or chest type of enclosure? The problem I have is my place is very dusty, and though we clean and dust fairly regularly, there is still alot of dust that accumulates, and I guess it's a real peeve of mine to keep my stuff clean. Am I being over-anal here? Out in left field? Is there any such item available or should I just keep the Armorall and rags handy? Thanks for any input....

edit: Armorall for the case exteriors. Not a good thing? Any other recommendations?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. max_twang

max_twang Tele-Afflicted

The guitars that I'm not using at the moment are kept in their cases, and I keep the cases in a closet with all of my other idle music gear. House is a little neater that way.

edit...Armorall? Really?!?

3. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

I have over half hanging on the wall, and the others in cases sitting in a rack. I like having them hanging on the wall because I tend to play them more. I also have all my amps, pedals and cables sitting on one of those Muscle Racks from Lowes. Each shelf can handle like 80 lbs. works well.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. JK1964

JK1964 TDPRI Member

Armorall for the cases (exterior). Just edited my post. Guess I left my self open for that one LOL

6. Swampash&Tweed

Swampash&Tweed Friend of Leo's

I have a wardrobe closet from Home depo inside my closet in my music room.

[​IMG]

I had the closet when I lived in an apartment back in NYC. I transported it to Florida with my clothes and I had no use for it once I bought a house. It fit perfect in my closet so I stuck it in. It holds 5 guitar cases and I store parts on the bottom. Its quite handy and it keeps my faves very safe. The closet accordion doors close perfectly after I close the closet. :cool:

7. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

If you have stuff you plan to store for months or longer, why not cover it with a drop cloth? You can get pretty cool fabric swatches for cheap, especially if you're not picky about the design...

I've got a bunch of amps in hibernation underneath this pink flamingo fabric that was on clearance for .10 cents per yard! ;) :cool:

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.