Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Guitar pickup amplitude and freq. to use for ltspice simulation

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by rolloman, Jul 17, 2017.

1. rolloman

rolloman Tele-Holic

Sep 17, 2013
    SC
    I need some advice for a starting point to use for a guitar pickups signal to amp input during Ltspice simulation of the amp. I've been using 30mv 400hz. Is that even close to a value. I can't remember where I first saw this online. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

2. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    Transient peaks are typically around 500mV-1V for passive pickups and a solid strum of hte strings. 400Hz is within the frequency range for guitar.

3. rolloman

rolloman Tele-Holic

Sep 17, 2013
    SC
    Yes, I bet so, but I am just using a 400hz sine wave source in Ltspice simulation and 500mv would completely swamp the pre-amp of the circuit. I have seen a few different simulations online of amps and they ranged from 15mv to 50mv on their sources, so I am confused still. That is not hard for me though. Lol

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. robrob

robrob Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Dec 29, 2012
    United States
    30mv and 400Hz is reasonable to simulate real guitar playing.

6. rolloman

rolloman Tele-Holic

Sep 17, 2013
    SC
    All right thanks to all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.