Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Guitar Nicknames...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by PyroCaster07, Dec 12, 2004.

1. PyroCaster07

PyroCaster07 Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2004
    Guthrie, OK
    ...What are some of the best guitar nicknames you have heard? I've only heard a couple of em like git-box and axe.

2. cody420

cody420 Tele-Meister

Oct 29, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    git-fiddle, or the extension of what's between your legs(guys)

3. Kojack

Kojack Tele-Meister

Mar 18, 2003
    Wisconsin, USA
    How about...

...Starvation Box. When I lived in Texas, many of the older players used this term.

Kojack

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. sparky

sparky Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2003
    UK
    Well I don't know any weird ones for guitars, but I got my wife a digital sax and she insists on calling it an Ousamaphone, for no particular reason.

6. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 13, 2004
    Garden City, KS
    Plank, canoe paddle. One of Fuzzys is duck plucker, but I think he refers to other things by that term as well.

7. gtrwrks

gtrwrks Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK
    "flat top" has always been my favorite. i know, it stands for an acoustic/dreadnaught, but i'm reminded of the first interview i'd read with roy buchanan (guitar world, 1981) where he was asked why he played a telecaster and his reply was (paraphrasing) "because it's like a baby martin with a cutaway." classic. ever since then, i've seen the tele as a solidbody 'dreadnaught'...

roy b. what a player.

8. Captain Simian

Captain Simian Tele-Holic

Jun 29, 2003
    Albuquerque, NM
    A buddy of mine somtimes refers to his tele as a electric twanging machine. I somtimes call my tele the paddle. I think Bruce Springsteen's father had the funniest name:

9. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

Jun 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Six String Orchestra

Six String Orchestra --- or, as the friend who used to say it:

6 String Or-Key-Stra

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.