Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

guitar mill finishes

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by bukowski, Dec 20, 2008.

1. bukowski

bukowski Tele-Meister

Feb 23, 2004
    toronto canada
    hi I,m thinking about getting a pine tele with a candy apple red (nitro)finish anybody have one?my question is the candy red that guitar mill shoots the real deal (like the old days )

2. jrechin

jrechin Former Member

Nov 20, 2008
    usa
    No one has comments on Guitar Mills Nitro?

Thats odd.

3. Old Cane

Old Cane Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 7, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I'm not sure what the question is. Are you asking can they match the factory color? or do they finish it the way Fender did initially? I'm going to say yes/no if those are your questions. I think they use 100% nitro. I don't think Fender did on the CAR. I'm thinking Fender was using some acrylic paint by then. Not sure. But GM will do a wonderful paint job with nitrocellulose lacquer if that's what you are after. Call and ask but I think that's all they use. For what painters charge though you could do a beautiful job yourself.

4. bukowski

bukowski Tele-Meister

Feb 23, 2004
    toronto canada
    thanks sorry for the crooked question I guess what i meant is it the right colour thereare so many shades of reds (they match the fatory colour) thanks for that answer ,also I just was seein if anybody had that finish from them.

5. PCR985

PCR985 Tele-Meister

Aug 3, 2008
    West Chester, PA
    I just got my body back from GM today. I can say the GM does an awesome job.

I wanted a Honeyburst finish that I saw on a website. I told them what I was after, and sent them pictures from the website.

The pics that I took are washed out compared to what it really looks like. The guitar actually looks more like the Strat, than it does my own pics. I'm just not a very good photographer.

Guitar Mill Honeyburst

6. bukowski

bukowski Tele-Meister

Feb 23, 2004
    toronto canada
    dude that looks sweet! did you get the body from them too?

7. PCR985

PCR985 Tele-Meister

Aug 3, 2008
    West Chester, PA
    No, it's a Musikraft body I bought off fleebay (Jamerson Guitars: which I'm pretty sure is Musikraft).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.