Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Guitar Madness 57 buckers...anyone tried them?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Strato50, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX

2. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    Time to engage your pioneer spirit,Strato50. Then you can be the hero and tell the rest of us about 'em.

CFFF, jimmytheshoe and Staypuft1652 like this.

3. DougM

DougM Tele-Meister

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I bought three sets of his Alnico 62z (vintage spec alnico Strat pickups for $24 a set) to replace ceramics in some Squier and Fernandes Strats, and they're quite good, probably equal to more expensive GFS, Tonerider, Artec, or even maybe Fender, SD, or Dimarzios.

4. LowThudd

LowThudd Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    I'll have to try this company.

FWIW, I have used cheaper HBs from both Guitar Heads and Dragonfire and been very happy with them. I tend to get the sets with a higher output bridge, so I can coil tap. But, those 57s appear to be similar to the BurstBucker 1&2 set I have in an Explorer. I may have to try the 57s.

5. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    Assuming you tried adjusting the pickup's height, I would do a wiring mod or change the pot/cap values first. A lot of the Epiphones have crappy electronics. You could also try a high pass filter for the neck pickup if it's still too dark. If your stuck on single coils, it'll be hard to find a set of HB's you like other than Minibuckers or Filtertrons. Not a bad thing or maybe go for some HB sized P90's.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.