Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Guitar Center is looking for a few good dentists.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Jan 19, 2018.

1. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Don't you have a blooze hat to buy and an open mic "gig" to go to? :D:)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    william tele likes this.

2. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    No, SHE doesn't. But, WOW, you should see all the shoes! :D

3. mattgwvt

mattgwvt TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Norfolk, Va
    The guitar looks perfect to me. I'm just gonna assume it's a real '68 and not a relic. But what really sets it off is that beautiful pegboard wall. So elegant.

4. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

At times maybe but sometimes things that are said as a “joke” reveal what folks really feel. There’s a lot of judgmental opinions expressed on all forums.

5. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire

Well, pull my teeth.

william tele likes this.

6. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    The thing about relics is that they are supposed to tell a story.

This green one is the story of "Hold my beer," followed by "How hard can it be?"

william tele and RedRiverII like this.

7. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Jul 6, 2010
    Very Deep South
    I'm going to save the pic from thw original post to use as an aid in a conversation I was having with a non-guitar playing coworker. He couldn't believe what I was describing about new relic guitars.

8. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 16, 2005
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Thank God we don't post pictures of our wife's and children.

A lot of you guys here would be ruthless.

You'd find all sort of things to make them feel less than human.

I happen to own a couple of PRS, several Gibson LP's, and A LOT of other guitars in my 50+ guitar collection.

I see A LOT of threads where guys on the forum put down other sbecause they own expensive guitars.

It seems that there's a big group of guys on different forums that are proud to own a lot of Squier Classic guitars and will claim they can hold their own with any MIA or CS Fenders .

That's find if you believe that.

You don't have to start these stupid threads to make yourselves feel better by putting others down who own these guitars you make fun of.

How old are you guys that start there ridiculous threads?

GROW UP!!!!!

FirTrader likes this.

9. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I agree. My favorite guitarist doesn’t even do dentistry!

10. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I work in the mortgage business and last week a colleague of mine had me help her run a cash flow analysis on the tax returns of a self-employed husband/wife dentist/orthodontist team who have applied for a home loan. They are clearing north of a million a year for at least the last three years. I assure you they couldn’t care less what us bozos think of them and whether they waste their pocket change on $4000+ relic’d guitars.

Jakedog likes this.

11. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Glad to see that you're not judgmental. Do you want the people you describe to apologize to you since they seem to offend you? Sheesh.

kelnet, william tele and 3fngrs like this.

12. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Hey Toto's Dad, whaddaya call it when a hound goes off the trail of the critter you're hunting and races off after a chipmunk?

Cuz that's the Bad Dog in a nutshell...

william tele likes this.

13. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I'm not sure if you're getting the humor and agreeing or completely missing the humor.

Not that it matters but I'm a professional person and there are few Dentists who can hold anything material over me. Ok? If there's a threshold then I'm one of those guys.

On the TDPRI forum comments are frequently made suggesting that PRS or Gibson guitars are flashy or shallow or designed for posers and the Dentist comment has become a thing. If it's a PRS product or Gibson product it's accepted when the Dentist card gets played.

I love my Fender guitars. I love my PRS guitars. I love all 14 of my Gibson guitars.

I thought it would be fun to play the Dentist card on a Fender product. Fender isn't omnipotent from this classisification. Every manufacturer has stuff in this high-end and unusual category. It's like turning a mirror onto your self.

I thought it was funny as hell. Amazing how sensitive people get when it's a Fender guitar. Maybe the Dentist comments should cease. Maybe that was my point. Ok?

14. Antoon

Antoon Tele-Holic

Feb 10, 2010
    Low Lands
    Hm, I think I like-em!

Jakedog likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.