Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Guess what I've found parked at work today

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by brogh, Mar 20, 2017.

1. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    hey Moosie ;)

Uhm, well .....if daphne blue is the color of the "discolored daphne blue" strat i had, then it's a daphne blue :) lol, looks really greenish to me

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the rest of that stuff, but the six miles to the gallon? I've never seen a town car that delivered such poor mileage. It's all good though bro, you see things one way, I see 'em another. I have a Honda CRV it's a good vehicle. My wife drives a Chevy Impala LTZ, it's been an excellent vehicle too.
    I love old cars even though I'm not a collector, but I enjoy seeing the past come back to life. Maybe if you'd a had the right little cutie sitting up there on the seat with you, the old days would have been more memorable.

Cheers my friend life is what you make of it, see doom and despair, that's what you get, see the sunshine, you'll get that too. I like being alive, and I like the life I've lived no apologies given or expected.

Brian Wright likes this.

3. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Meister

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    I used to have a mint '69 El Dorado, I bought from the original owner for $900.

The most beautiful car I had was a '59 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe. I found it listed in a local paper, and wanted it to salvage the 392 hemi engine. But when I went to buy it, the car was in nearly perfect condition, and I was able to drive it home. Not a bad deal for $1200.

Then there was the '70 hemicuda I got for $2500....

As a high school student in the mid-80's, me and some of my auto shop friends made money by hunting down old muscle cars in people's driveways, garages, and backyards. It was more fun than working at Burger King, and we made a lot more money. In addition to this, we always had interesting cars to drive, some remarkably rare.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    boris bubbanov likes this.

4. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    Yes sir,

Really ! I can't think of a car built today that I would rather have.

But then I was never known to have good taste ;)

Mjark likes this.

5. mikeyb

mikeyb Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    1490055093603.jpg

I got this around the same time as Steve Miller was singing about it. Many years of cruising. A 250 mile trip to the antique car junkyard for parts after every cruise.

Mjark likes this.

6. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Auburn Speedster 1936.jpg This is my idea of a nicely styled car. The decade before WWII maybe had the best ever.

Nickadermis likes this.

7. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016
    2331760.jpg

IDK why but I instantly thought of Randy Pipers guitar.

8. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    Style and CLASS !

I love all of the old Streamliner and Airflow automobiles !

I still have my 1953 Buick Super. My grandmother gave me a choice between it and a 1969 Cadillac convertible as a graduation present in 1982.

It took me 2seconds to decide. It now has 18,000 miles on it. I have the original front tires in the trunk. Everything except the back tires are original. I doubt that it is worth anything but I wouldn't sell it for the world.

2 speed Dynaflo transmission, that you have to shift yourself. A whopping 322 cubic inch V8. Whisper to the folks in the back seat at 70 miles an hour and they will hear everything you say. Gets 22 miles to the gallon and weighs more than my truck.

9. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Not quite as cool, but my favorite car growing up was a '65 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD, with a 352 and a 4-barrel carb. 6 mpg sounds about right :lol:

It was a former state cop car (apparently they had to divulge this, I just thought it was cool, and rather ironic, considering how much weed .... uh, nevermind).

First thing I did was spring for a full set of Michelins. Real big time expense for this poor kid. But with those tires, the thing rode like a living room. It was about 15 feet wide (well, that's how it felt), had the great stacked headlights. 3 speed automatic. I had to be careful with the engine. I was never a motorhead, but I was impatient a lot. If I wasn't careful, I'd leave half my new tires where I was standing!

One of my fondest memories - period - is driving that car up the Adirondack Northway, heading for Montreal and points beyond where my dad had a ski condo. Me and this girl... she was cute, but I remember the car better after all these years. You could roll the windows down and not get anything blown around inside. Amazing. Black night, full of stars, no one on the road, and me stopping periodically to pump simply amazing amounts of fuel :eek:

Nickadermis and Southpole like this.

10. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

Oct 15, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    It should be reliced.

11. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 28, 2003
    Sonoran Desert
    Those cars from the '50s were big heavy beast, that had big heavy V8 motors, that got 12 MPG and made 100hp, and they were a work out to drive, and dangerous if you hit anything going over 25 MPH . They were worn out after 60,000 miles, with knocking engines, rust, bald tires, and faded paint. With all that they were, and still are, cooler 'n hell!!

mikeyb likes this.

12. DonM

DonM Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Henderson,NV/SLC,UT
    They didn't call them Land Yachts for nothing. That's a beauty.

13. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    The thing about those is not only that they are long, but they are also very wide, which can cause problems driving in European cities.

They do look cool though.

14. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    I thought it was a '55 too. Regardless, it's a humdinger!

15. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    And here I was expecting a Gran Torino!

Nice Caddy, though!

16. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    haha, yeah I'd love to see one in person, i think it's very unlikely over here ... well there are a couple actually up for sale :p..with that car 7800 cc my wage will be spent in gas :D

Cheerios

17. beezerboy

beezerboy Tele-Meister

Sep 7, 2016
    AK
    I got a 59 Cadillac....
    spare tire on the back.....
    I got a charge card at Goldblatts......
    but I ain't got you......

18. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Spring City, Pa
    A guy is leaving work late and he sees his boss getting into a REALLY cool car.
    He says, "Oh, MAN! That is a really cool car!"
    The boss says, "Yup. And if you keep getting to work early and leaving late...if you really apply yourself and work super hard......I can get an EVEN COOLER car!!"

19. archiemax

archiemax TDPRI Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Phoenix AZ

20. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    I LOVE those old Caddies.
    They screamed GET OUTTA MY WAY!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.