Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Guess what I've found parked at work today

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by brogh, Mar 20, 2017 at 7:34 AM.

1. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    uuu this car is so awesome, i was in a super hurry so i didn't manage to talk to the owner, this car is so so sweeeeeetttt

caddy.jpg

caddy2.jpg

cheers

janea69, blkpwdr, Southpole and 20 others like this.
  2. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Nice looker...54 Caddie??

texastengu likes this.
  3. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    don't know :( didn't manage to talk to the guy

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Nickadermis

Nickadermis TDPRI Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    That is magnificent! That is from a time when everything had STYLE!

Felino, brookdalebill and brogh like this.
  6. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    It looks like you work with Elvis! Several Elvis's in fact! Would that be Elvi?

Couple of Caddies from the car show over the weekend

104.JPG 124.JPG

7. PumpJockey

PumpJockey Friend of Leo's

Oct 12, 2010
    New Joisey
    Best guess is a 1954 Cadillac Series 62 hard top. Key features are the elongated "nose cones" in the front and the chrome strip going all the way back on the side to the fake vent. That year Caddys could come in Azure Blue or Newport Blue, but that has to be re-painted.

uriah1 likes this.
  8. Jack S

Jack S Friend of Leo's

Sep 25, 2008
    Berwyn, IL
    The gas filler cap is found under the flip up tail light. Those were beautiful. It is probably my favorite post-1930s Caddy.

brookdalebill likes this.
  9. jackinjax

jackinjax Tele-Afflicted

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    Somewhere in the attic I have a picture of my cousin and me standing up in the backseat of my aunt's '54 yellow, convertible Cadillac.
    I was around four years old and still remember it because I had the pictures as a reminder.

Something like this one:

[​IMG]

uriah1 and Felino like this.
  10. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    When fins roamed the earth....

Flaneur and w3stie like this.
  11. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    You know what they call that in Cuba ?

Every. Day. Of. The. Week.

(And they'd all rather have 2017 models :lol:)

Nice paint on the Caddy the OP posted. My '64 Rambler was the same color scheme.

They call those Caddy nose cones "Dagmars".

You can look up the reason why...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 9:07 AM
    brogh and NashvilleDeluxe like this.
  12. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Same as my (much missed) 56 Chevys.
    Yup, I had two.
    Wish I still did.
    Doh!

13. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2012
    Nebraska
    From the era when a man could work on his car, without a computer to diagnose the engine. That is one beautiful Caddy.

bparnell57, kuvash and brogh like this.
  14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    That's a cool car! The Caddy's from that era were just works of art. I used to love to see any Caddy come into the gas station where I worked as a kid. I gave 'em special attention. Filled 'em with gas, checked the tire pressure, washed the windows, offered to dump ash tray, if it was summer and there were bugs on the grill I rinsed them off. Once in a while a lawyer who had a beautiful black 48 sedan gave me a buck for a tip after I gave his Caddy the once over. Most of you have probably never been to, or even seen a full service gas station. They were cool too.

I thought at first it was a 56' but after looking at some pics, I think it's a 55. I had a friend of mine, an old boxer who came into some money, bought a snazzy 53 Caddy hardtop brought it home from Delano about 7 miles away, showed it off to his friends including me, (I was 13 at the time) then on his way back to the dealership a guy ran a stop sign, hit my friend's Caddy and totaled it. The accident put my friend's wife in the hospital for several days, but she eventually recovered.

Here's a 55.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 10:53 AM
  15. Electric Mud

Electric Mud Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2017
    US
    Pap had one. Too cool. I really want a cts coupe. Someday...

16. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Suddenly I have an urge to look at pictures of pin up girls. I wonder what triggered that?:cool:

moosie, tery and brogh like this.
  17. mikeyb

mikeyb Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Needs a bra...

This design was known as the battering ram effect. Marketed to powerless, henpecked men of the 50's, as described in the book "Subliminal Seduction."

No, you didn't need a computer to fix them but they were worn out in 100k miles and General Motors' design strategy was to make them embarrassing to drive after 6 years. I don't miss the points and plugs routine at all.

bparnell57 and Toto'sDad like this.
  18. Jack S

Jack S Friend of Leo's

Sep 25, 2008
    Berwyn, IL
    The 54 and 55 Caddies are nearly identical, but the posted picture is, in fact, a 55. The telltale clue is the vertical chrome strips below the trunk and above the rear bumper. They are specific to the 55.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 12:50 PM
    Stringbanger likes this.
  19. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Really? I like it as an historical object and a well done restoration or preservation but as far as automotive styling goes it's about a 4 in my opinion.

20. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Tele-Holic

Nov 2, 2016
    Texas
    I'm not one who believes the past was inherently better, but this is an example of proof that some great things of quality are being lost as time goes on. Those cars from that era had style, craftsmanship and workmanship.

brogh likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.