Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

GT Pro--Worth the Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by PaulR, Mar 18, 2003.

1. PaulR

PaulR Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Tahkoma
    I have Guitar Tracks 2 that I bought as a scratchpad a while back but it does have its limitations--such as no acid support. Is it worth while to upgrade to the Pro version? I see it is a $49 upgrade from 2 to Pro. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks! :?:

2. sanshiro

sanshiro TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Shanghai
    I have both

The Pro version has more tracking capacity. Which I probably will never use. Has a better amp simulator (although it is not the POD). Has meter indicators next to each track. Burns MP3s directly. Has other features, but also requires more CPU power. Truthfully if you like GT2, I would not consider it an emergency to upgrade.

But I really like the program. Its easy to use.

3. PaulR

PaulR Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Tahkoma
    What about plug ins and drum loops?

I was wondering about VST support and whether drum loops can be used. It came with some kind of drum program but it seems very limited and it looks as if it (GT2) won't work with Acidized loops. Is this correct or is there something I am missing here? Thanks!

4. sanshiro

sanshiro TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Shanghai
    Drum Loops etc

I suggest you call their help line. They were very helpful when I called them at start up.

I just don't have the patience for drum looping. I'd rather practice guitar. I download midi files and jam tracks for my practice sessions. I also got a guitar port which works with GT2.

Please let me know what you find out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.