Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

GretschoCaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by coolrene, Feb 8, 2017.

1. coolrene

coolrene TDPRI Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Paris/France
    Hey !
    I have recently acquired a home-built Deluxe Tele with some special features:
    - a TV Jones Classic pickup in the bridge position
    - an original 1977 Fender WideRange Humbucker in the neck position

The TV Jones is splittable via a push-push switch on one of the tone pots, so that a great variety of tones can be reached while blending the two pickups.

The neck comes from a 2005 US Stratocaster, modern C shape, with a lovely rosewood fretboard.

Between 2004 and 2008, the woods were carefully selected and can be compared with some Custom Shop standards. The grain and the color are stunning.

It is featured with a Bigsby, a roller bridge and locking tuners, that result in a very satisfactory tuning stability.

I like its roots look, with some modern appointments. Not too heavy, with its 7.7 lbs, it is a very pleasant and versatile instrument to play :)

Attached Files:

2. philosofriend

philosofriend Tele-Holic

Oct 28, 2015
    Kalamazoo
    I love my homemade Tele-type with the bridge TV Classic. When I dig in with the pick close to the bridge it comes on with tons of cut-through-the-mix clarity, not exactly like a Tele, but pretty close.
    I'd probably have a Tele pickup in there if it had screws to adjust the string output. Sometimes I like to finger pick the thing and I can't stand unmatched strings.

3. cacophony

cacophony Tele-Meister

Feb 22, 2014
    Philippines
    Is the bridge cavity for TOM recessed?

4. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

Jan 5, 2011
    Poland
    This is really nice!

5. coolrene

coolrene TDPRI Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Paris/France
    Yeah, I've had all kinds of pickups mounted : original Tele, Seymour Duncan, Humbuckers (full and mini), P90's. Love them all, but the TV Jones has really got something special: no hum, lots of clarity, articulation and nice treble spectrum without being searing like some ice-pick type pickups. And it blends greatly with the WideRange ! ;)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017

6. coolrene

coolrene TDPRI Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Paris/France

Attached Files:

7. coolrene

coolrene TDPRI Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Paris/France
    Thank you ! Sounds maybe better than it looks (or the contrary?) ;)

8. coolrene

coolrene TDPRI Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Paris/France
    Thanks ! :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.