Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Great Sprint Cup race finish today!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TJNY, Mar 24, 2013.

1. TJNY

TJNY Friend of Leo's

Feb 25, 2005
    Orange County, NY
    First let me say I hope Hamlin is okay. That was some great racing in the final laps. I think Stewart was wrong to go after Logano at the finish for blocking him on the restart. Logano was wrong for coming up into Hamlin causing them to both lose control. Hamlin deserves an apology.
    Any one else catch it? More drama to come in the coming races for sure!

2. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Glad KB got the W.

Hope Hamlin is OK.

I don't think Logano did anything wrong, just good hard racing between two rivals.

Tony Stewart has become an angry bloated cartoon character. He should be ashamed of himself. He used to be a hard charger who made a lot of questionable moves that lead to a lot of crashes and hard feelings, now he wants everyone to pull over and let him pass. Obviously, the pressure of being an owner/driver is getting to him.

3. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Did anyone make a right turn?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    Everyone here was yelling "Fat Tony" (we are mostly Italian) because he is thinking he owns more than just his team. I thought it was a clean move and Joey kept his car in front of Tony. And for the rest of it, "rubbin' is racin'".

Also we were all glad Hamlin wasn't hurt. Very hard hit into that wall seemingly not with a safer barrier. That will change.

6. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2013
    DC Burbs
    Into the wall.

Great ending to that race. I hope Hamlin is OK. Auto Club Speedway is usually boring. I was waiting for Logano's engine to pop, pushing all the water. I'm surprised it didn't.

7. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

Mar 24, 2010
    Fl.
    I'm glad Kyle Busch won.Stewart should just shut up.He has caused more wrecks than anyone else that I can think of.

8. tap4154

tap4154 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California
    Logano wrecked Hamlin on purpose. In his first interview he said "he got what he deserved", but in later interviews just said he came off the corner too fast and ran up the track.

And IMO if you spin the tires on a restart, you get out of the way, not block.

Be looking forward to seeing Stewart taking Joey out at Martinsville...

9. Brother Rob

Brother Rob Tele-Holic

Jun 30, 2010
    Detroit
    Yep.

Great race, but Logano had been over aggressive all day. It was only a matter of time before he caused a wreck. You could almost feel it as inevitable at the end. His "He got what he had coming" comment was very telling. His fault for the Hamlin wreck all he way. I have a feeling he might get what he's got moving soon.

10. dented

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    Seems to me he dove for the low road when he spun his tires giving the others the track above him. Not his fault Tony went low to grab the same position. The rules say the pass is the responsibility of the overtaking car to make a safe one.
    Not for the leading car to get out of everyone's way. If he blocked then that is smart and many before him have done the same thing. That low line is allowed at Fontucky and he took it. I am not a Logano fan. Just sayin'

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  11. Brother Rob

Brother Rob Tele-Holic

Jun 30, 2010
    Detroit
    There were two incidents. The low block on Tony and the wreck with Hamlin. It wasn't the low block on the start that wrecked Hamlin.

12. TJNY

TJNY Friend of Leo's

Feb 25, 2005
    Orange County, NY
    Feel free to take a left turn out of the thread..........

:lol:;)

13. dented

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    I understand. So why would Tony be upset about a perfectly legal move?

The rubbin' and racin' move that happened between Hamlin and Logano is a matter of speculation and interpretation. I've seen worse over the years. Even with racers that have "history". NASCAR has no fault, either do I. They's racin' right?

14. dented

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    Exit stage right even......said Snagglepuss

15. tap4154

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California

IMHO Tony was pissed about the move at the restart when Joey spun his wheels, and Logano's many reckless moves during the race, and the final one that sent Hamlin to the hospital... and the overall doucheness of Joey Logano in general.

16. Minivan Megafun

Minivan Megafun Tele-Meister

Feb 21, 2013
    Manitoba
    Man, who would have thought that Cali would be the best race of the season so far?! That track has finally weathered in and the racing today was excellent. I loved that the track seemed to change, the tires fell off, and there were comers and goers. Not to mention that a car that pitted and got fresh tires and a setup tweak could actually drive up through the field. I mean, who the heck saw Dale Jr drive from 19th to 2nd in the final 10 laps?!

That finish was great! Even if Logano/Hamlin had not wrecked it was still fantastic racing to the end. I had no idea who was going to win it with 1 to go.

JGR statement is that Hamlin is ok but still in the hospital for further tests and observation. He was apparently complaining about his back hurting. So who knows if this will affect him as far as racing is concerned.

I was completely shocked when I saw Stewart taking a swing at Logano. He was still that mad about a block (for the lead) how many laps ago? Stewart's comments to the media that followed really tell the story of how Logano is perceived around the garage. I don't think that kid has much respect from many of them.

17. Dep

Dep Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2006
    St Johns, Florida
    Stewart blocks people, but he doesn't want it done to him.

As for the wreck, it looked to me like Logano was going too fast down lowand his car rode up the track and contacted Hamlin.

As for his comment, I didn't hear that part before, so who knows.

Dep

18. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2013
    DC Burbs

Watch.....now they will say it needs to be repaved. Uggg.

19. greytop

greytop Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2010
    Frederick County, MD
    Great racing...I must say, I was pulling for Logano, 22 more laps on his tires though, he was toast....still I was hoping smoke would have kicked his butt, being a dirt tracker and all. All the Stewart hating is bothersome....he is a fantastic talent.

Hope Denny is ok...

And Danica continues to show if it wasn't for go-daddy, she wouldn't have a ride. Short lived hype...

20. tap4154

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California
    Her first full time Cup year, and first time on that track, a track with multiple grooves. She started back around 40 and finished 26 I believe, and ran a clean race.

Not bad at all.

This is a learning year.

21. tap4154

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California
    Logano wrecked Hamlin on purpose, and not only was it low class, it was beyond stupid because he should have known that Kyle Busch was right behind them, just waiting for them to tangle. Hamlin pulled high in the corner to give Logano room, but dumb Joey just HAD to pull up and wreck him.

From his first interview:

Logano was unapologetic after the incident and essentially said that Hamlin got what he deserved after what happened at Bristol, not knowing that Hamlin would have to be airlifted to a local hospital.

"He probably shouldn't have done what he did last week, so that's what he gets," Logano told TV after the race. "And besides that, I think our Auto Club Ford was very strong all day. I was very happy with the car we had. We were super-fast, led a lot of laps.

"Nothing to hang our head down about, that's for sure -- we were very proud of that."

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2013...denny-hamlin-joey-logano-last-lap-crash-fight

Hang your head Joey, you're a MORON.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.