Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Gotoh BS tc1 Bridge for Standard Tele??

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by North East Al, Oct 8, 2015.

1. North East Al

North East Al Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2011
    Hartlepool, UK
    Evening, morning etc. I'm looking at upgrading my MiM Standard Bridge next and am considering the Gotoh, which appears to be compatible with the existing screw holes and string feeds. It's about £15 cheaper than the Wilkinson version. Anyone got any experience with these? Or would I be better spending the extra on the Wilkinson's?

2. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Dec 19, 2011
    Merseyside UK
    They're both made by Gotoh. There is a cheaper 'Wilkinson' made by Sung Il. Axesrus seem to confuse them slightly.
    The Wilkinson by Gotoh WT3 is top of the range.
    The Gotoh BS-TC1 is new and has Gotoh's 'In Tune' saddles which are simpler in design than the Wilkinson by Gotoh. Both are designed to remove intonation problems often found with 3 saddle bridges.
    The Wilkinson by Sung Il WTB is the cheapest and is not the same quality as the Gotoh parts but still has the shaped saddles. The fact these are made by Sung Il is often not mentioned by suppliers.

3. North East Al

North East Al Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2011
    Hartlepool, UK
    Thanks. I'll try the new Gotoh one I think.

4. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    Was curious about what you thought of the gotoh bs-tc1 bridge… I'm considering this one, but not sure about the titanium material instead of steel.

5. gsh1968

gsh1968 Tele-Holic

Jun 16, 2008
    London UK
    ^The bridge plate is steel but you can choose either brass or titanium saddles.
    I think the Gotoh website has a confusing description - it sounds like they are talking about the plate with "Titanium construction for rich harmonic overtones and long sustain. The brass saddle creates bright sound. Gotoh is proud to announce the "In-Tune" saddle!" but they are talking about the saddles.
    (I'm a Gotoh dealer)

RLee77 likes this.

6. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    Thanks gsh, yes that description was confusing, I had thought they were steel but was thrown off by that. It looks like a nice bridge.

7. aclawrence

aclawrence TDPRI Member

Nov 29, 2015
    NW Alabama
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this bridge yet? I'm looking for a vintage style bridge that is already "aged" looking and this is the only one I can find.

8. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Meister

I've got one right here in my hand that I'll be using on the next build. It's the TI-TC1 with the titanium saddles instead of brass. I picked it up on the auction site for a very reasonable price because the package had already been opened. I checked it against my template and every thing lines up perfect. It's a nice solid piece with good workmanship and plating. Hope this helps you out.

Best Regards,
    Geo.

9. aclawrence

aclawrence TDPRI Member

Nov 29, 2015
    NW Alabama
    Thanks geo, I'm really out of the loop on the new titanium saddles. I had read some where that people had some issues with the gotoh screws stripping but I guess that's not really that big of a deal anyway.

10. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Meister

I really didn't buy it for the ti saddles, they just came with it. I didn't realize that there have been any problems with stripped saddle screws.

I've used brass saddles in the past and I've been real happy with them, but I am looking forward to trying out the ti ones. The price of the ti saddles has kept me from trying them up to this point. I lucked out and paid less for the bridge and ti saddles than I've paid for just a bridge in the past ;).
    I certainly don't see any problems with the bridge itself, all the holes are in the right place and they are nice clean holes - no sharp edges anywhere. Also, the bottom is dead flat too.

aclawrence likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.