Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Got Divorced Today – A Story Too Good Not to Share

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Phrygian77, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    Orange is the new divorce court attire.

viccortes285 likes this.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    A good friend of mine who was born down in Mexico had this to say about love. You know ese, they should keep all of the boy cows in one pen and all the girl cows in an another one, until they are like you know thirty years old! One of the great philosophers of any time or place.

Phrygian77 likes this.

3. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2015
    New Jersey
    Now you don't have intimate visiting rights. I've seen "Orange is the New Black"

4. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Video divorce. Don't even have to sit near her. Wish that technology had existed for my first marriage. I would have got drunk and disorderly just to end it without a face to face. Congrats. Hope the rest of your life is good.

Phrygian77 likes this.

5. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Feb 19, 2015
    TooFarFromCanada
    During the many years I was captain of a local pub's softball team, I had to plan my lineup after checking out the county's jail-booking log site. Once I had four players in there, and had to find most of an infield in a few hours. Thereafter, only two of these was-busy-elsewhere regular players could drive to games or practices.

So when you see a burly guy in a town championship t-shirt who's riding a bike a lot, it may not be 'cause he's carbon-conscious.....

bender66 and teletimetx like this.

6. skunqesh

skunqesh Tele-Meister

May 17, 2008
    West Coast
    beat me to it!

Marriage - Once was enough for me. (and my GF agrees, which is why I know I found a keeper, lol)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 1:14 PM
    Phrygian77 and teletimetx like this.

7. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    Now that is a good divorce story.

Fortunately for you, she was not too drunk to litigate or testify.

That would be a good redneck thing, "Too drunk to testify." :)

Phrygian77 likes this.

8. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    Let me tell you a story about some other poor bastage that I saw unfold in open court a couple of weeks ago.

I was present on a motions hearings calendar for civil matters, and unfortunately, this particular judge commingles domestic/divorce/family law matters with other civil matters. It is "unfortunate" because those cases are usually petty an acrimonious and involve a lot of pro se parties, and they really test the patience of judges and wear them out by the time I get up to argue my issues. I hate having to follow them because the judge is usually worn out with people by that time.

I was sitting with my client waiting my turn when a couple were called for hearing in front of us. It was apparently a "final" hearing on a divorce petition and both the man and woman were pro se (unrepresented by counsel). They had been separated a while and the divorce had been going on some time. The judge proceeded with the necessary colloquy for a final divorce, and then asked the woman a mandatory question. That question was, "Are you pregnant?" Her answer? "Yes, I just found out yesterday." The husband turned and looked at with a great deal of surprise and disappointment.

The judge informed her that he could not grant here a divorce. She replied something to the effect that, "But it's not his, so that should not be a problem." The judge then informed them that it is a problem for them both because the law does not favor children being born into bastardy.

So now that poor joker is going to have to sit and wait 9 months and then prove that he is not the father in order to get rid of her. Theoretically, he is responsible for her in all customary ways until divorced.

bender66, Phrygian77 and Hiker like this.

9. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Holic

Dec 19, 2017
    Chattanooga
    I must say, that’s a perfect ending! Congratulations.

Phrygian77 likes this.

10. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    I finally found the right one on the third try, now I just have to convince her.

awasson, Phrygian77 and Hiker like this.

11. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    Been in your shoes once. Hope it never happens again. Divorces are never pretty, which seems incongruous to the wedding day when everyone and everything is pretty.

What does a marriage license cost nowadays? Fifteen, twenty bucks? I don’t even know. Anyway, I had this theory many years ago that a marriage license should cost between 2-3 grand, and a divorce should be 10-15 bucks. It might make people think twice about swallowing the old anchor.

Best of luck to ya!

Mouth and Phrygian77 like this.

12. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

That reminded me why we are no longer together, he says gratefully.

13. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    The odd thing is, I don't remember her wearing anything like that. It seemed like she was in her plain clothes, but I was pretty stunned by the situation, so I may have just overlooked it... lol

Same thing in Florida, your child or not. That was one of the first things I asked my now ex before I even sent her the papers to sign, "You're not pregnant, are you?"

14. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jun 7, 2015
    Florida
    FWIW, only one party needs to be in court.

15. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I'm surprised she didn't ask you to post bond.

16. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    In this state, one of the qualifications for a simplified dissolution of marriage is that you both have to appear in court. This is what it says on the petition form.

"You and your spouse are both willing to go to the final hearing (at the same time).

If you do not meet the criteria above, you must file a regular petition for dissolution of
    marriage."

17. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    Your ex was willing, it's just that the sheriff's department department wasn't going to let her. I'm no expert in legal matters, but I assume there's a rule that prisoners in County be allowed to make court appearances by video conference and the judge in your case accepted it as fulfilling the requirement.

18. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jun 7, 2015
    Florida
    I know. You could have done a regular petition. Works the same way.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.