Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Got Divorced Today – A Story Too Good Not to Share

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Phrygian77, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    Money. I originally thought I was going to have to hire an attorney, and serve papers on her. That costs a lot more than a simplified dissolution of marriage.

2. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2003
    northwest
    Wow, what a story!

Phrygian77 likes this.

3. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    So what exactly did she do to get arrested?
    Or can you tell us?

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    It is so strange how we are constructed. At the beginning of a marriage it surely must have been good or why go there? The ending ruins the beginning though, and leaves one wondering what the hell just happened there. I do know there is a transformative moment when the one you desired with all your heart suddenly becomes someone you simply cannot stand to be in the presence of. I'm sure in most cases, but not all, the feeling is entirely mutual. I recall the words of my ex. "I've put myself in your place, and you're still wrong you S.O.B.!"

In our case we made a child, now they are both gone from this world. The grand script writer must have had a point, but sometimes it's hard to understand without a playbook. Gurus claim to have a great understanding of life, but I think they may be just afflicted with gas not of the guitar buying kind. I know one thing, I've lived a long time, and I suspect I'll leave this world not understanding it a damned bit better than I did when I came into it.

jrblue, bcorig and Phrygian77 like this.

5. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2018
    Chino Hills CA
    That’s a great point. And it’s not that complicated. The mistakes are usually rooted in not knowing what your core beliefs and values are, getting married and then discovering the person you’re with doesn’t share them.
    I waited until 33 to marry although there were three close calls before then. It wasn’t until 5 years into our marriage that, fortunately, even though our superficial tastes were different (art, music, film), we discovered we had the same beliefs about fidelity, saving money, honesty, morality, raising kids, etc.
    Once we realized that, we’re inseparable.
    You’ve to know yourself. I didn’t but something told me “no” with each near missus’. God? Who know?

awasson likes this.

6. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2018
    Chino Hills CA
    And that makes me sad. Bless you.

Toto'sDad likes this.

7. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    I don't know. The local sheriff's department releases crime reports on a weekly basis, so I have to wait about a week to find out.

8. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    Oh, yeah... “your BROTHER”... riiiiiiiight.

awasson and Toto'sDad like this.

9. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    One door opens, another one closes. Classic.

10. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    Sounds like it's time to contact a song-writing partner like Junior Brown.
    My first thought was:
    Venom Wearin' Denim

But you know there are other JB classics that could hijack the whole darn thread.
    Peace (and happy single day) - Deeve

11. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Friend of Leo's

That story's so good it could be the plot of a tv sitcom episode!

Toto'sDad likes this.

12. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Thank you. Takes such a short time to tell about an event that spanned years. My son was delivered in a doctors office, I saw him born, and held him in my hands in the first moments of his life. I thought at the time we would always be a family. Life is not at all like a play, because you have no script, you just go along and the changes in your life take place. I once took my son back to where he was born, and told him I had carried him out of the back door of the doc's office, and helped his mother to the car, where we all went home only a few hours after he was born. I never considered all the changes that would come later.

His mother didn't remarry for thirteen years after we parted, and that did not end well either. I was with my son through his terrible ordeal of dying from cancer. One simply cannot take into their minds and account for the reasons for all of this. On television there are many people from all different walks of life who think they have the answers, but they do not. No one has the answers because life is a giant whirlwind that just blows us to and fro over the face of the earth.

Rick330man and Fret Wilkes like this.

13. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    At the very least a song about it could revive country music!

McGlamRock likes this.

14. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    There's part of a movie in that story. Wow. Congrats on getting her out of your life.

15. Paul in Colorado

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I'm reminded of another Junior Brown song:

skunqesh likes this.

16. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Tele-Holic

Oh man. That must have felt gooooooood

17. speedingjet

speedingjet Tele-Meister

To the OP, great story!
    I'm just waiting for my paperwork to come through!

Phrygian77 likes this.

18. Paul in Colorado

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    For the record, I've never been married, but I have been divorced. Colorado is a common law state. We used to joke that we got married in a real estate office since buying a house together made us married in the eyes of the law. The divorce was to keep our assets separate and when we finally did split, no lawyers were involved. Luckily we're still friends and neither of us have done anything crazy to each other. Well, except for me to almost die, but that wasn't intentional.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    viccortes285 and Phrygian77 like this.

19. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Meister

Nov 14, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Resolving the legalities must be a huge relief for you. Congratulations. And thank you for avoiding crapping on your ex-wife. While we all need to get ourselves out of toxic, troubled commitments (marriage, business, whatever) there are always two parties involved and moving on without inflicting more difficulty on a troubled person is the magnanimous and helpful thing to do. Both the "moving on" and "magnanimous" aspects are important. Here's wishing you well as you move forward with the freedom you so patiently and successfully pursued.

20. Hudman_1

Hudman_1 TDPRI Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Michigan
    That’s crazy! Congratulations.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.