Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Goodwill Score

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by TeleDrifter, Jan 11, 2013.

1. TeleDrifter

TeleDrifter Tele-Afflicted

Oct 13, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    MIM Precision Bass. Looks almost new, a few minor body surface blemishes but everything else is shiny & new. Missing one saddle allen screw. $200. If it was half price saturday it would of been $100 but I doubt it would of lasted long enough for me to get there. & I gotta say it took all my strenght to pass on the Hanna Montana acoustic......Sorry no pics.....

2. Blue Belly Gits

Blue Belly Gits TDPRI Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Vermont, USA
    They don't put that stuff out, at our Goodwill stores. I think they save it for their eBay auctions. At one of our stores, you go out into a portioned of section of the warehouse to see the furniture. Looking over the wall, they have about 20 pallets of shrink wrapped computer screens/towers. Never sees the floor.

3. soulman969

soulman969 Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Bargains are where you find them. Something like that coming out of a Goodwill store happens once in a blue moon so nice score. That was a hell of a deal.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. marshman

marshman Friend of Leo's

Feb 1, 2007
    SE PA
    Yeah, I've never seen that sort of stuff in my local Goodwill shop, either. Don't know if I blame them, if their goal is to get maximum value from their donations, farming it out to a market with better returns is a good plan.

Nice score

6. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

Sorry about the Hanna Montana, hate it when the good ones get away.:cool:

7. TeleDrifter

TeleDrifter Tele-Afflicted

Oct 13, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    The key to great scores at Goodwill is stopping in alot. I hadn't been to this particular store in awhile & bam a basically brand new Precision Bass. The rosewood fretboard is still shinny. Happy Hunting...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.