Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Good HSS pickups

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by uriah1, Nov 10, 2017.

1. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Any good ideas. Saw some videos but running through too many effects and too many expensive amps. Would like to have neck more Santana than Srv ..maybe oxymoron with single coil neck type.

2. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    I had a H/S/S Behringer guitar with Aspen body and cheap ceramic pickups that were meh and swapped in 2 HB's. Later made a Oak body guitar with Maple neck and put the ceramic "meh" set in it and they sounded great in that oak body. So the pickup swap can be good or bad so good luck on finding what you want.

I love that set in the oak guitar and I did do a wiring mod later, the 2 singles have a parallel/series toggle. Must admit that they stay on series most of the time and cover a large area magnetically, that may be a reason they sound so great. Neck measures 5.0k and middle is 5.5k, so together around 10.5k and deliver a good range of tones.

uriah1 likes this.

3. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

Two mods I do now to any frequent player guitar:
    Tele gets the 4-way switch.
    Strat gets the Dan Armstrong Blender Mod.

I have pulled HSS loaded pickguards and screwed down SSS loaded pickguards with the DAB on them - just so much more useful and the control is intuitive. Second tone pot becomes a blender from SSS to HSH or anywhere between.

uriah1 and CFFF like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.