Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Good CL deal?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by erikro, Jul 16, 2017.

1. packrat

packrat TDPRI Member

Those are generally 399.99 new, so as long as it's in good shape, with the additional items included, it's probably a "good deal". All depends on if the guitar is in good shape, and this is what you're looking for.

wayloncash likes this.

2. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

That amp can be gotten for $60-70 and the CV for under $250 used easily And even $200 with patience so frankly I think it only an ok deal. If patient wait for a Fender MIM which can be had for $250-300 and grab a Mustang I for $60-70.

3. AlabamaOutlaw

AlabamaOutlaw Tele-Meister

Feb 20, 2011
    Alabama

4. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    You might look a long time to find one that lightweight. $300 would make me very happy around here because used CV '50s are not common. Heck, if I could sell the amp for $50, and if I liked those strings $325 would make me happy.

wayloncash likes this.

5. tap4154

tap4154 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California
    Agreed, at 7.4 lbs it's worth more than a typical CV Tele IMHO. Most later ones were 8.5 lbs to well over 9. Adds value.

6. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

7. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Offer 300. Settle for 325 Imo.

Guitar 200-300
    Amp 55-70
    Strings 45

So 300-415 value. But really it's hard to get a deal on a classic vibe, usually priced a little too high, so if you like the guitar, it plays well, ect.. Do what feels right.

8. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Tele-Holic

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    I paid $125 for mine...from a shop.
    I did point out to the kid that it was not an Affinity, "whatever".
    I don't pay extra for light, a nice bag is more marketable ( 'does it come w/ a bag "could be the CL motto) as are the strings if they a name brand ( "recent set up w/ new DR strings", or at least throw a pack in when selling) and the amp is cool but they will eventually flood the market when the next "thing" comes along;if you need an amp OK but don't get caught up in it,think of it as a perk. I hate to dicker but I'm pretty good in the pinch. I really wound't consider this a deal but if you want it... Go look at it with $200 in cash,(don't even talk money on the phone) keep 50 back, show the $150 after playing it a bit and getting some time in the equation. Keep in mind the best that GC (or most any shop) is going to offer them is around $100 (half of half of new) for the guitar; nothing for the bag & strings and $25 for the amp. If they balk POLITELY say "best I can do", and calmly point out the above and start to leave, I bet they say Ok or counter with 200..then shoot 'em 175. I bet you get it for 175. Another option is to offer to let them keep the amp. and stay at $150

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017

9. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Gc is gonna sell cv for $100?

10. CK Dexter Haven

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    No they are going to buy it in for $100 and sell it for $275 /$300. Mine came from a Mom & Pop, that took it in trade with a bunch of other stuff . Doesn't matter you need to focus on what a individual can get for something not what a chain is selling it for. At 350 that would sit around here, if its been up for more than a day owner is probably getting antsy, (this one has been up for a month!!) that Baja he has his eye on might get away, he need cash, you have cash, you are in the drivers seat.

wayloncash likes this.

11. tap4154

tap4154 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California

You aren't in So Cal are you? Just wondering so I can make sure to not respond to you if you inquire about any guitars I'm selling on CL :rolleyes:

12. CK Dexter Haven

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Nope, So Cal is exempt from all normal rules of acquisition.

13. SoulstormTX

SoulstormTX Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2017
    San Antonio, Tx

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.