Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Gibson tenor P90 anyone?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by ukepicker, Sep 4, 2018.

1. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Afflicted

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    Did a little shopping - a research this morning. I may have oriented the broken magnet wrong. I'll see if flipping it brings the sound back to normal.

2. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Holic

Jan 26, 2012
    Troy, MO
    Instead of making it into a six-polepiece P90, how about the world's most badass-looking electrified tenor banjo? Or mandolin?

3. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Afflicted

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    Well, mainly because I don’t have a mandolin or banjo. And the pickup isn’t mine.

I was hoping to try this in the bridge position of an old silvertone I’m working on right now.

4. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Afflicted

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    I ordered a set of A2 and a set of A5 "rough" magnets today from Philadelphia Luthier tools. Never ordered from them before, but they acknowledged my order right away. Shipping label has been created.

I'm still not sure what to do with the cover. It would be nice to make new holes to make it ready for a 6 string. But I don't have a drill press anymore. And that's some pretty high-accuracy hand drilling. When the magnets come in and I give it a test, I'll know better how much effort to put into the pickup.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.