Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Gibson Les Paul

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Loganzr, Jun 2, 2010.

1. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Former Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Like I said - worth it to me yes, but maybe not to others...

My Custom Shop VOS 1960 Les Paul was worth every penny I paid for it and that was less than what you found for a Standard.

2. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    I paid $2350 for my 58 Historic VOS new. They list at $3700 you just gotta know how and where to shop.

3. goldtopper

goldtopper Friend of Leo's

Dec 30, 2005
    Liberal Lakes
    I have that exact guitar. I couldn't be happier. For the record, I don't mind the stock pups at all, I dig alnico V's. It's sparkly when clean, crank the vol knob and it gets a bit of breakup. Goes great with the amp gain straight or smokes with pedals.
    It roars with a dropped D tuning for slide. Open E's next.

4. surfco

surfco Tele-Afflicted

Mar 24, 2009
    BAJA
    How about a G&L Asat Deluxe?

5. MrDJoers

MrDJoers Tele-Holic

Jan 5, 2010
    Milwaukee
    I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. If I could venture a guess, he was "stirring the pot".

6. BritishBluesBoy

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mine was about fifty bucks more than yours... Like I said, worth every penny.

7. chipbutty24

chipbutty24 Friend of Leo's

Oct 16, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I'd like to know too!

8. BritishBluesBoy

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I go out for a couple of beers and I miss all the fun...??

9. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    Ya I wonder why its so much better than any other guitar Ive owned ever.

I know yours is the same way.

Is it the 1 piece body? The Long Tenon? The pickups? The Pleked neck mine plays like an ice skating rink feels its so smooth the frets are just Perfect.

Mine stays intune forever too.

10. BritishBluesBoy

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think it's all of that and then some. Just a great, great guitar. I'm not the only one who thinks so - ask DMace... He came over to my place and played all of my guitars a while ago but that one I practically had to pry it out of his fingers he was so struck with it...

:D

11. G McBride

G McBride Tele-Meister

Aug 4, 2009
    Indiana
    I have a LP Studio and a limited edition Nighthawk that is similar to a LP and a DC LP with p90 pups. I have a couple of Telecasters and I play them all. I think that Gibson over any of the others is like comparing a Fender over all of their copies. Some of the copies may be good but you still just don't have the confidence and pride of owning the real deal.

12. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    YES! - The Gibson pickups are so much better. Get the real deal.

Go to www.guitarcenter.com and click on "used gear".

I put "les paul studio" in the serach window and did a nation wide search. They have a bunch of them.

This one is in Texas.....$749....

[​IMG]

If you don't like it you can return it to a local Guitar Center. I found my HSS HWY-1 Strat this way; paid $399 for a Minty USA built Strat.

John

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.