Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Gibson Les Paul

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Loganzr, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Trout

Trout Tele-Holic

May 12, 2010
    Tropic, UT
    The least expensive new Gibson LP Studio is $799 street price. Not-Yikes. The VM Studio comes with Burstbucker Pro pickups... same as the Standard. The price difference is in the finish (wood grade, binding, color, etc.)... not in the feel and the tone.

2. chipbutty24

chipbutty24 Friend of Leo's

Oct 16, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Probably, I'm sure we'll get relocated.

3. Trout

Trout Tele-Holic

May 12, 2010
    Tropic, UT
    Epiphone does make some nice stuff. The comparison was just to illustrate preference. People need to decide what makes them happy and just go with it. What makes me happy won't necessarily make someone else happy. It's not like you are married to a guitar for life. If it doesn't work out, go with plan B. If you buy used and buy right, then you can get all your money back.

4. chipbutty24

Oct 16, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Yeah but I asked about the Standard not the Studio.

5. Loganzr

Loganzr Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2010
    Georgia
    How about a PRS SE

6. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 4, 2007
    New Jersey
    It would be worth it to me to get the much higher quality US-made hardware, electronics and pickups, and the much better resale value.

7. Loganzr

Loganzr Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2010
    Georgia

8. Old Cane

Old Cane Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 7, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I only know a little about the higher end PRSs as a relative had an endorsement with them. They are very nice. I'm sure the SE is pretty good and I bet on CL they are around $3-400.

9. Loganzr

Loganzr Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2010
    Georgia

10. Old Cane

Old Cane Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 7, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN

11. lexx9

lexx9 Tele-Meister

Feb 28, 2006
    Nfld, Canada
    I have played and owned only Strats and Teles my whole life and this past Oct. I bought my first Gibson and brand new Les Paul Junior now that will give you a gritty tone!!!. I am on the hunt now for a Les Paul Standard. I still love my Strat and Tele but imho Gibson is in another league.

12. Textele

Textele Tele-Holic

Aug 29, 2009
    Texas
    Great, thanks Chipbutty! Now I'm gassin' for an Agile. Will this disease ever go into remission? And I don't even like Les Pauls.....

Thanks a lot.:mad:

13. Telebubba

Telebubba Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2010
    Portland Oregon
    I currently have an Epi Les Paul, black with gold hardware. Looks very nice, plays nice, sounds like doo doo. I bought it with the intention of upgrading the pickups. But I played a couple of Gibson Studio models and I have decided I will only be happy with a Gibson Les Paul. $799....about the same that it would cost me for what I paid for the Epi and the pickup swap. Selling the Epi on Craig's List as we speak.

14. chipbutty24

Oct 16, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Remission yes, cure never.

15. krauser2

krauser2 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 26, 2009
    SC
    great deals on les paul studios.....I love my gibby. I'd say go for the real deal if you can get it for a deal...if you know what I mean

16. MrDJoers

MrDJoers Tele-Holic

Jan 5, 2010
    Milwaukee
    PRS guitars play well, look great, but in my mind need new pickups. Even the American ones, but you could upgrade a little down the road if you want to.

17. telefreak

telefreak Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2003
    Ipswich UK

18. Telesavalis

Telesavalis Friend of Leo's

a Les Paul Studio is a good choice...

19. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    Get a Tokai Les Paul.

20. Guitar_Ninja

Guitar_Ninja Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Wow. So what did the OP get banned for?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.