Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Gibson Classic 57 in a Squier Classic Vibe Custom Tele neck

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Hastings, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Hastings

Hastings TDPRI Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Simcoe, Ontario
    I've been looking for something to put that pickup in for a while, and I have just about decided on the CV. I'm 95% on the neck and 5% in the middle, so I probably would not change the bridge pickup.
    Please feel free to encourage my inclinations or slap me around.
    Thanks

2. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Tele-Holic

Jan 4, 2017
    Wales
    Do it... then tell us about it. It's an option I have further on down the road so I'm interested in your thoughts. (about the pickup - your other thoughts are your own!! :D)

3. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Middle? *shudder

Please don't add a pickup ring. That poor guitar doesn't deserve this.

4. Hastings

Hastings TDPRI Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Simcoe, Ontario
    I want a HB guitar. I nearly bought an excellent Les Paul the other day, but something said no, I think it is the scale length from playing Fenders. I don't have the Tele yet, I could as easily buy the same version of Strat and use the 57 there. So far I am leaning to the Tele. It won't be back in stock locally for about 10 days. I can argue with myself until then.

FYI: ""In an article in Guitar Player magazine (July 2007) Randall was asked what rig he used to record the solo on "Reelin' in the Years". He states, "That was my '63 Fender Stratocaster with a PAF humbucker in the neck position, straight into an Ampeg SVT bass amp. The SVT wouldn't have been my first choice for an amp--or even my fifth choice--but it worked a storm on that recording!""
    Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliott_Randall

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

5. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    25.5 scale is good for harmonics and whammy bar HB play while the shorter scales are better for bends and thicker tone. Nothing wrong with either. There are a few 25.5 scale Gibby types out there.

6. Hastings

Hastings TDPRI Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Simcoe, Ontario
    There are a lot of players - not least of all Eric Clapton - who spent a lot of time trying to find Strat playability and Les Paul round-sound, in one guitar. Clapton's solution was the mid-boost thing.

T is for Tele likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.