Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

GFS strat trems - any good?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by appar111, Dec 8, 2008.

1. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 10, 2003
    White Mountains
    GFS is great stuff period.
    All GFS stuff is designed in Boston Massachusetts and "farmed out" to Vendors that they consider worthy enough to get the job done at the price point that they want their customers to get.
    I can't say enough good things about GFS' pickups.
    Look in the picture dictionary under "bang for the buck" and GFS rules the roost. There are very few "shining stars" regarding NAFTA - most are total ripoffs. NOT GFS - they did it right.

2. Steve A

Steve A TDPRI Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Hollister, California
    I just installed the Guitarfetish one on my Korean Strat and I liked the result but...the block does stick out the back about 1/8th of an inch and I had to shave the inside body of the guitar with a dremel tool on the #1 string side of the bridge so the bridge holes would line up with the ones in the body. You could shave the new block on that side and cut 1/8th of an inch off the bottom if you don't want to mess with the body. You do have to get the 10/32 thread tremolo bar as well. The bridge is not an exact fit for mine but the mods are minor. It does fit the bridge exactly and as long as you use the screws that come with it there should be no problem mounting it to the bridge. Even with that said, at 21 bucks I'd say the mod is worth it. Its just might not be the exact fit they advertise it to be on your particular guitar. Reading back on the ad though I see it says "most" strats, not all. So be aware you may have to mod the application slightly to use it.

3. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    When all of these people posted, I was 50.

I am now 60.

Hint.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.