Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Getting older so downsized the bedroom practice amp

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by bftfender, Oct 11, 2018.

1. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    So is that the downsized version?

Nubs and bftfender like this.
  2. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    actually just havin fun. listening to 6 dif speakers for the next song in studio to see which ones will get mic'd..but...this would be the ideal set up..the tone is monstrous or so freakin good turned down low cause you stand there and here everything so clear

Jim622 likes this.
  3. Jim622

Jim622 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Apr 1, 2011
    Far N.E. Philadelphia
    The Paul! That was my first electric. She was heavy, wish I kept that.

bftfender likes this.
  4. bftfender

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
  5. bftfender

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    forgot about last winter sound tests in the BR all.jpg

Chunkocaster likes this.
  6. bftfender

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    that test lead to making the DSL40cr into a head and by far the best amp i ever played once on top 2 2x12 cabs..it has a plexi sound..i jcm sound and a modern sound, all footswitchable..gain..use your channels wisely ..all that heavy music i play..my gain is never above noon and the clean is so good,,inn the marshall dirty way DSLconv2.jpg

7. bftfender

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
  8. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Nice rig! I see you're a Joyo pedal fan as well. Great pedals aren't they?

bftfender likes this.
  9. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

Nov 11, 2012
    Madison, WI, USA
    A once had a 4x12 with a hodg-podge of speakers. It actually worked out well.

bftfender likes this.
  10. bftfender

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    yes..the sweet baby is my fav transparent pedal..it truly just gives" more of" without coloring..or the faintest dirt if needed..in fact all the joyo's i ever had were all good pedals..all the pedals are in the closet now..i take a board with me with a boss ms3 switcher but as we practice i am just using my DSL channels back n forth and a boost sweet babyto even out clean channel live DSL40cr rig.jpg

11. bftfender

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    you can really get a full sound those 4 all compliment..its a very balanced cab..you can not hear 1 dominant speaker up close or at my neighbors house !!

12. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 21, 2016
    Rhode Island
    DSL 40 head! Very cool!

bftfender likes this.
  13. bftfender

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    cut the sides then reattached bottom

dented likes this.
  14. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2011
    los angeles
    Do you guys with these full stacks actually play them in that bedroom space? And play them at volume? or do they only go out for gigging?

15. bftfender

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    i play them everywhere,,best bedroom tone ever,,,why..the depth and clarity is full at talking levels..palm mutes still work...you are freed of your tiny restricted box sound blowing by your ankles and i most definitely crank them anytime the need be...The marshall sweet spot is always dimed master..that DSL tho is a very good low watt amp..you retain basic tone a low level but not the mojo of a warm bottle el34 cooking. now my JMP 50 cant even be in the room with it dimed..lol..but it does have master and the lower the level on it the faster it overdrives and crunches..good stuff...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  16. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    Where's the box of Krispy Kremes for when the cops arrive?

17. bftfender

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    not here..how about neighbors enjoy the band..i feel for them when i am working progressions out over and over at volume tho..neighbors have harleys and other builds monster trucks..so we have very normal noise to me where i live and best yet we have an actual American Indian who asked to sing with us..said he could do his Indian chants....knocked on our door once...he does his chants a few times a weak in his back yard.very loud...i like it !!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    voodooblues likes this.
  18. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    That's good. My current neighbors are a newbie bass player on one side and a DJ on the other. We don't let it get out of hand though where it might bother other neighbors.

I used to live in a snooty busybody upscale neighborhood where neighbors would call the cops over just about anything, including a SFPR at 7:30 PM.

bftfender likes this.
  19. bftfender

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    cool..if music people surround you ..it helps

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.