Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups

George Report

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Larry F, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    George, our 8-month old siamese rescue, is tearing the house apart and causing all kinds of trouble. It's 4 AM and he is on the dining room table. Within a couple of minutes, he went from eating something that I couldn't see (he eats bugs, but I don't think that was what it was). Then he starts rolling the old pencil around. Cat owners know this move. Fortunately, a newspaper blocked the way to the edge of the table. Pushing things off the table is his game. He has just learned that he can moves glasses of water on coasters, if the water is low. Now he is back at the pencil, and, hold it, it's off the table! Good job, Georgie.

He's lying in wait under the table now. Have to be careful when he does this, because he tackles our legs with a surprising amount of force. A tennis ball just rolled past. This is going to go on all night. My wife and I have been locking him out of the bedroom whenever he gets too ramped up. Otherwise, he likes to pounce on us, literally jumping up in the air, and landing on an arm, stomach, you name it. If I try to hide under the covers, the little f*cker comes looking for me, poking around under the covers, crawling inside, etc.

We've had our share of cats, but it has been a long time since we had one as young as this. We try to play with him and keep him occupied, although now I think it is going to his head, and he is starting to think he is something special. Whew! Another reminder that I am not 19 anymore.
    RLee77, Jakedog, tery and 9 others like this.

2. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Have you considered getting him a dog? Maybe a big one.
    imwjl and nojazzhere like this.

3. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    Great thread - I know your life has its challenges, Larry - and here you are showing kindness (and patience!) to a fluffy critter!

Good on ya!
    Jakedog likes this.

4. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    our cat is around ten yrs old. so he simply jumps in the bed and walks on our heads when he wants us to get up.

5. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 15, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    My cat hates guitar playing and disappears when I start playing. You might try that. The louder the better.
    Matt G and Jakedog like this.

6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Siamese : the "Jack Russell" of cats.

nojazzhere likes this.

7. MisterZ

MisterZ Tele-Meister

Apr 29, 2016
    Finger Lakes of NYS
    Our most recent addition, Carrot, is a tiny cat. It's hilarious the way she will sashay past one of our other boys (both of whom are much bigger than she is), give them a quick random swat in the head, and continue walking past as if nothing happened. (It's sort of a Jethro Gibbs thing.)

8. Scooter91

Scooter91 Tele-Holic

Aug 24, 2009
    Southwest MN
    We had a big Siamese male when I was a kid. When he was running up and down the stairs chasing ghosts it sounded like a stampede. And I learned the hard way to leave him be if he was "wound up." (I'm looking at the 45 year old scar on my forearm.)

9. catdaddy

catdaddy Tele-Holic

George's antics lead me to suspect he may be one of those rare, age-independent incorrigible bed pouncers. I have one named Rudy who at age 12 has maintained his kittenesque willingness to launch his no longer kitten-like bulk in great fur flying leaps at the blanket submerged limbs of my wife and myself. When reprimanded he always claims he was just protecting us from the scorpion, venomous snake, chupacabra etc. that he saw slither under the covers just moments before. Yeah, right prankster!
    uriah1 and Larry F like this.

10. Widerange Hum

Widerange Hum Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

May 14, 2016
    San Diego, CA
    Our prior cat was a pretty big guy. Long and muscular. I forget his weight, but it was substantial. He developed this habit of innocently(I think) leaping onto the bed and landing directly on my nads. On the upside, I hit those higher notes more easily than I used to.
    drf64 likes this.

11. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 5, 2009
    Georgetown, TX
    Is he neutered, yet?

Crate him at night so y'all can sleep. Of course, put it as far away from your bedroom as possible since there will likely be a concert commencing that you don't want to attend.
    uriah1 likes this.

12. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    Yup. George needs a puppy.

When our Nigel wants to make some deviltry, he either goes for my 18 y.o. son or more often, Shelby our Aussie/Border Collie mix. The two of them raise hell.

13. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Get George one of those exercise wheels and a little catnip .

14. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    Well, he's zonked out now. Sleeping on his back, with his legs spread apart like he is a boss.
    catdaddy and uriah1 like this.

15. tdoty

tdoty Tele-Meister

Oct 17, 2011
    Opelika, AL
    Our newest critters are Devil and Angel.....10 week old brothers and quite opposite each other. Both are orange marmalade and Angel shows the American Bobtail side by having no tail to speak of. They're still acclimating to the family.

Perry, our older cat is another marmalade. He is coming up on 2-years now. We found him when his mama abandoned him at about 2-days old. Angel and Devil are the only cats he has ever seen. They are getting along famously! Perry wasn't sure what they were the first couple of days. Now, he likes to groom them and everyone is a playtoy for everyone else.

I'm not even a cat person.
    tery likes this.

16. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 15, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    My cat does the same thing. She's not a big cat but sounds like a stampede on the steps. She gets herself wound up over nothing. I think cats love steps.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.