Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

George Harrison Ltd American Vintage Rosewwod Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by DanDII, Aug 22, 2017.

1. titan uranus

titan uranus TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2017
    36.395884, -78.710617
    Yours is now twice as authentic.

Credit where it is due, I PM'd Robinsong the basic instructions that Zuzax PM'd me. It seems the guy responsible for putting the COAs in these cases may have been out on the loading dock taking a smoke break.

And I bet I know what he was smokin'.

2. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Meister

Oct 20, 2012
    Oley Pa
    The Guitar player in the MIDWEST COUNTRY HOUSE BAND Dan Lund always plays a rosewood tele with the light mid body stripe. He's used it for years so I bet it's pretty heavy original run

3. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Thanks again for the helpful info. Fender just emailed my COA is on its way to me!! By the way mine weighs 7.6 lbs and sounds great. I have 2 other teles that I love and this one has its own voice and has moved to my favourite.

4. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Mine is #359

5. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    I think these come with nickel fender 9s Mine doesn't have any issues with any of the strings and plays great. Had to set it up the truss rod was backed way off. Sounds great through a 1967 Vibrolux and a solid state Champion 20.

JustStartingOut likes this.

6. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Got my COA today(2 days to Canada). Thanks everybody for the advice.

Zuzax likes this.

7. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2015
    Sinsinnasti
    I'm going to change out the strings first and see how that works out. If I'm not where I want to be sonically I may take the maple neck off my smuggler Tele (it's a really f'n bright guitar) and swap it out for the Harrison Rosewood neck. They both are 60s style necks with f stamp Schaller. :twisted:

8. wheels105

wheels105 NEW MEMBER!

Sep 28, 2017
    Uk
    Got mine today the more I play it the more I like it. IMG_20170928_194728.jpg IMG_20170928_194657.jpg IMG_20170928_194711.jpg IMG_20170928_194744.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    robinsong likes this.

9. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada

10. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Use the info. On here and contact Fender and get a COA. Mine came in 2 days to Canada

11. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    You should just sell it if you don't like it, lots of people want them, I wouldn't change the neck on an all rosewood George Harrison Tribute Tele. Just my opinion.

Uncle Bob likes this.

12. titan uranus

titan uranus TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2017
    36.395884, -78.710617
    My CoA showed up today as well. Bent, folded, maybe a bit spindled (WTF is spindling, anyway?) and mutilated, but that's the Post Office doing its post office thing.

TY again to Zuzax for the contact info.

Welcome to the TDPRI, Wheels105.

13. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    I feel for ya, thanks for helping me get one. You should see if Fender will send another.

14. KK Jale

KK Jale Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2005
    UK
    I may be able to contribute here...

Phil Kubicki - who made or part-made the original rosewood guitars - told me his recollections of the Hendrix rosewood Strat. I have it all on tape.

Rough transcript....

"The rosewood Strat wasn’t going anywhere, it was just in my possession in [Fender] R&D, apparently they were searching for Jimi but he was ‘busy’, I think he was in Sweden.

"And then of course he died, which was a very strange event... going in the next day [to work at Fender] and looking at that guitar. Jimi was huge... and here I had the last guitar Fender ever made for Jimi.

"It stayed there for a while, there was no talk about it, and then one day Roger [Rossmeisl] came out of his office and told me to take that guitar up to the front office of Fender, and drop it off. And that’s what I did, walked down the sidewalk, in the front door where all the big chiefs were.

"I thought I was going to give it to somebody, and I said to the receptionist "I’m here to drop off this guitar", and she just said "Okay, well set it down there". So I did and left. And that’s the last I know of that thing.

"But there were CBS bigshots there. I don’t know what could have happened to that. Nobody has ever heard of it since. People have brought me rosewood Strats saying "This is Jimi’s", and I’d look at them and verify that they weren’t. There was this documentary years ago, the guy came in with a video crew and wanted to film me looking at this guitar, and I told him it wasn’t [the original rosewood Hendrix Strat] and here’s why."

*copyright RickB 2017 all rights reserved*

15. juke box jonny

juke box jonny TDPRI Member

Nov 24, 2016
    s.w.uk
    well I got mine yesterday .... no COA not a problem ......... string spacing all over the place ....... no problem ...... neck bow .....well its been on big trip .... what ticked me off was the control plate the screws have pushed the plate down like it was cheap metal its not, so some force was used but it looks cheap and nasty, I have emailed Fender and complained and asked if maybe they could send me a new plate ..........
    if they don't no problem ill sort it myself .. I love the guitar its going no where
    where was Fenders quality control ? it cost £2.2k not a cheap guitar by any means

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017

16. juke box jonny

juke box jonny TDPRI Member

Nov 24, 2016
    s.w.uk
    I see there is an article in this months guitarist magazine

17. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    There was actually an article about the guitar and photos along with it in VG some years ago, maybe 15.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.