Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

George Harrison Ltd American Vintage Rosewwod Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by DanDII, Aug 22, 2017.

1. danimal

danimal NEW MEMBER!

Sep 3, 2017
    California
    The pictures look great. Just out of curiosity, how does the tele play compared to others you've played in the past? Would be curious to get some first impressions from those who have gotten their hands on the guitar.

Thx

2. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks. No cert anywhere in my shipment. I've gone through everything and have not thrown anything away, not even the boxes. I'll be contacting Fender/Musician's Friend tomorrow.

3. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2015
    Sinsinnasti
    It's still pretty new to me and we're working thru the 'getting to know you' phase.

I can say that I have backed off the bass, compared to my 'typical' Tele settings, on my ViBronco and Princeton.

My typical Tele settings usually see the amps' bass at 8-9. The E and A strings on the GH are woofy at anything over 5.5-6.

The high e and B strings are bright but not ice picky. Not really as 'round' as I thought they'd be either.

The G and D strings are a bit different. The G string sounds sort of squishy in a bad way. It doesn't ring out like a plain string should. Sounds like a dead wound string. IDK, I've checked it over and it may just be the strings but the D also has the same type of 'squish' to it (to a lesser degree).

It's like the G string and to a lesser extent D string are muted and outputs are lower than the surrounding strings. :confused:

Like I said I'm still looking it over and playing with it through different amps. So far it's sounding best through my brighter amps.

If'n I can't get a decent sound from the G and D strings I'll restring it.

It came strung with a new set of Fender nickel tens but I've no experience with those strings.

4. diego_nu

diego_nu TDPRI Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Buenos Aires
    Congrutulations. Its a beautiful guitar.
    I have a partcaster all solid rosewood with Fender 64 pickups and i have the same problems with the G and D strings.

5. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    I have the 64 pups in my AV 64. The bridge pickup is sensitive to height and the D string magnet is quite raised so you maybe need to lower it a little.

6. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    Fender was spot-on with their response to my missing CoA, and a new one is being shipped as you read this. PM me if you're missing yours and I will connect you with the appropriate contacts. Serious, multiple-source documentation of ownership will be required though.

7. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2015
    Sinsinnasti
    That's good to hear.

8. danimal

danimal NEW MEMBER!

Sep 3, 2017
    California
    Bump. Just curious, has anyone gotten their hands on the new rosewood telecaster, and have any impressions on how it plays, especially compared to other teles?

Looking forward to getting some first, second and third impressions!

9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I tried one at Austin Vintage Guitars.
    They had just put it on the rack, out of the box.
    I thought it felt, sounded and played great.
    It's not a stunner, the matte finish is kinda, uh, a matte finish.
    I plugged in into a SF Vibrolux, it was nice.
    Heavy on the covet.
    It was gone when I went in a couple of days later.
    I hope whoever got it enjoys it.

10. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    And the CoA showed up this morning via FedEx all nicely packed and padded. Props to Fender for making it right so quickly.

11. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 14, 2008
    Manheim Pa.
    You can see my 2006 Masterbuilt Rosewood Tele if you look to the left . Built by Greg Fessler , it is 1 of 2 that I know of . Elliot Easton got one . Pickups are different from the GH according to specs . These are possibly the best single coils that I have ever heard . Yes , they are that good . The neck pickup is just incredible in this one . Just can't say enough about it overall . With the switch in the neck/dark position this neck pickup growls as dirty as any LP ever built as long as you feed it the juice . Switch to the straight neck position and it can easily be a pure jazz machine . If the GH Tele's are even close , they are worth the ride . Enjoy the ride . Since mine is a Masterbuilt , it is not considered part of the special issue run of 2006 . Rant over .

12. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2008
    Cologne
    I took her home today. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

Looks like a chocolatier designed it, smells good, too. And what a tone: very precise, very hifi. Totally different yet totally telly.

I love it.

IMG_3997.JPG
    IMG_3998.JPG

El Tele Lobo and brookdalebill like this.

13. theprofessor

theprofessor Tele-Afflicted

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    That is really gorgeous! I also like the reference to Sirach 2:1-11 in your signature.

I think he was the intermediary because she couldn't carry it.

That is fantastic. It does look like that!

14. titan uranus

titan uranus TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2017
    36.395884, -78.710617
    I am a noob to this forum and was reading through this thread and found out I didn't get a COA also. In point of fact, I had zero idea I was supposed to get one.

I ordered mine in July and MF shipped it to me in mid August, enclosed are a couple of (bad) pictures.

[​IMG]

a nice pair of staple holes in the end of the case (included at no charge!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FuZZBoY, BrandonIke and brookdalebill like this.

15. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    I'm pretty sure it was a rosewood strat for Jimi, Elvis did get one of the Tele though!

16. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    I didn't get COA either had my local store I bought it from check with Fender Rep and they said they only come with Custom Shop version!!!! So WTF is that photo of????

17. titan uranus

titan uranus TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2017
    36.395884, -78.710617
    Fender is sending me a COA. Someone is not giving you correct information.

18. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Thanks, I'm gonna do what you instructed.

19. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    I'm in Vancouver,BC Canada could you tell me the procedure as I never got a COA either. Titan Uranus has said consumerrelations@fender.com is the correct place, if you have a different approach or phone# I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Robinsong

20. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    Oddly enough, Fender was so eager to make this right for me that they have now FedEx'd me two CoAs. I'll keep one with the case candy and put the other in my safety deposit box at the bank. If you didn't get yours, PM me and I'll send details on how to follow up.
    CoAx2.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.