Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

George Harrison Ltd American Vintage Rosewwod Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by DanDII, Aug 22, 2017.

1. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2008
    Cologne
    Did it come with a CITES certificate?

2. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2015
    Sinsinnasti
    I saw a "Ltd Edition" certificate but I didn't delve into the rest of the paper candy in the leather pouch.

I'll check when I pull it out tomorrow and update.

3. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    UPS may start delivering in north Houston again tomorrow. Maybe. Right now they think everything stayed dry. Keeping fingers crossed that it arrives tomorrow, with no damage. Probably won't actually be delivered until at least Tuesday of next week, if it survived.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    rze99 likes this.

4. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    I seem to remember that they made a rosewood Tele for Harrison and a rosewood Strat for Hendrix. The Strat never went to Jimi and was on display at Fender in a reception office for years. The secretary who worked in that reception area took it home when she retired.

Never heard the story of Jimi's rosewood Tele, care to share?

tonyj likes this.

5. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Meister

Oct 27, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I believe I was already corrected earlier in this thread (2nd post after my initial one). I'm sure you can find it if you care to continue reading the thread.

6. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2015
    Sinsinnasti
    No CITES.

Just the typical case papers, an ashtray, and a small, rather plain, COA.

7. slick4772

slick4772 Tele-Meister

Jan 21, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    I just ordered one. The last one I could find, and believe me I called all over.

rze99 likes this.

8. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    In a very pleasant surprise, UPS emerged out of their silence after Hurricane Harvey and delivered my guitar. Considering everything it went through the box was in really good shape. Here's some pics:

Photo Sep 01, 2 52 17 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 01, 3 09 59 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 01, 3 10 36 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 01, 3 11 53 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 01, 3 12 00 PM (1).jpg
    Photo Sep 01, 3 20 58 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 01, 3 22 25 PM (1).jpg
    Photo Sep 01, 3 25 55 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 01, 2 57 10 PM.jpg

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Nice, but does the headstock decal look like it's ready to peel off?

10. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    No that's how the original was - applied on the outside of the very minimal neck finish. This isn't your usual Fender sunk-in-glossy-urethane decal placement. Light reflects off it in the photos, but it's not really noticeable in the flesh.

teletimetx likes this.

11. Mr. Moss

Mr. Moss TDPRI Member

Apr 30, 2015
    CA
    Beautiful guitar!! Just be careful not to scratch that decal when you change strings.

12. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    This will be a player. It's that good, but it's not that valuable. Even if it triples in value it's still only $7,500. Not going to put my kids through college. This is only my second "expensive"guitar of 20+, and I'm terrified of my Les Paul but only because of how clumsy I am. I already know Teles are rugged. It will bounce better.

That said, there's already one on Reverb for $3,750, and it's not one of the Custom Shop ones, even though they show CS pics.

EDIT: The seller has since dropped their price to the current $2,499 MSRP value.
    EDIT 2: And now it's gone.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Mr. Moss and brookdalebill like this.

13. BigDaddyLH

I have a hard time thinking of a $2,500 Tele as not that valuable.

irie, Mr. Moss and Uncle Bob like this.

14. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    Awkwardly phrased on my part, sure. I mean that it's not ever going to be viewed by me as some sort of investment item that can't be touched otherwise it loses value. It may get scratched. :eek:

15. BigDaddyLH

Gotcha. Props to you for making it a player rather than a wall ornament or a closet queen.

16. DaveGo

DaveGo TDPRI Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Austin
    I went to a local shop to look at one today. Beautiful guitar probably at or near the 8 pound mark. I was hoping it wasn't going to be a case of love at first touch and thanks be to the guitar Gods it didn't immediately hook me. A fine guitar but you just innately know when it's a must have instrument. Did I mention how great this guitar looks? Anyway, I have a Hahn coming so I'm broke.

Dave

Ooba Tooba likes this.

17. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2015
    Sinsinnasti
    Mine is 339, four numbers after yours. Did you get a COA? I didn't seen it in your case candy shot.

18. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas
    No I didn't get one. Can you post a pic of it? I will contact Fender next week about that.

19. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2015
    Sinsinnasti
    Did you check inside the red Fender pamphlet that came in the case candy sack?

That pamphlet is the same size as the cert soit would slide right in between two pages. Mine was just in the sack with the ashtray and the same other stuff you've got.

F'n photof*cket shut my pics down and I haven't set up a new hosting site yet.

Give me a day or two and I'll get a pic of mine up here if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I seriously doubt I'm the only one who got COA in their candy. They are numbered to the guitar so I'd expect there to be one with each guitar. But you're the 2d person to say they didn't get one. :oops:

20. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2015
    Sinsinnasti
    Here's mine and all the candy I received. 20170903_141443.jpg

SecretSquirrel and brookdalebill like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.