Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

genius Tele saddle concept...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Lacking Talent, Dec 5, 2017 at 2:27 AM.

1. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I'd add that more than not, my 3 saddle setups have a mix of materials. Usually Alum/Brass/Brass.

But confess now that I want to make a Titanium bar like this with the center screws. I have some Ti threaded 3x that live on a Birch top on Pine thinline I made after not working on solids in my escapades FWIW.

2. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    That's a cool look. I would not be a fan of it's function though. I use a 12 inch radius and obviously, that's not adjustable on this saddle. As far as intonation, millions of recordings were made with a lowly Martin D-18 with a one piece saddle which was only slightly compensated, i suspect Torn's design would work just fine for most standard gauge strings.

swany and Piggy Stu like this.

3. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Link text shows:

'Designed to match 9-1/2" radius fretboards, but we've determined it works beautifully on vintage 7-1/4" by having a slightly higher action on the high e-string, reducing choking-out during big bends.'

I tend to run high action, I am curious about that myself.

4. Evil Funk

Evil Funk TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2017
    Montana
    don't believe the myth huh? then why all those "options to deal with" if it's just a myth?

thanks for proving my point.

5. Ripradiant

Ripradiant Tele-Holic

Jul 31, 2014
    Alberta Canada
    I guess you didn't actually read my post. Next time read what was said, then take a while to consider and then comment if you feel the need. If you quote me... I'm going to reply.

6. Sollipsist

Sollipsist Tele-Meister

Aug 25, 2016
    I do like that someone keeps tying new (ish) things. For me personally, the decision is always between 3 and 6 saddles, so going in the opposite direction seems counterintuitive. But sometimes that's exactly where good new ideas start, so kudos.

Piggy Stu likes this.

7. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

Apr 17, 2003
    WALTHAM MA
    Kinda like a Les Paul Jr. approach

Which by the way, I have one, wrap around. For years I thought I'd i had to have a Bad Ass, convert to tun o matic etc etc etc.
    One day I took out the old, original bridge and put it back on.
    Put on the strings
    Tune it up and don't you know it was pretty much dead on in tune
    Amazing really
    Gary

popthree likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.