Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

General question about the build challenges

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by g'ter guy, Sep 26, 2017.

1. g'ter guy

g'ter guy Tele-Meister

Sep 11, 2010
    Socal
    Its been a while since I really kept a presence here on TDPRI. I joined because I was always enamored by the builds and ingenuity I've seen here. Nothing against the Tele, but being more a strat I wanted to see more strats, I stopped going to My Les Paul forum for the same reason. But I still remember the build challenges. I even participated in one, but I had to drop out. Anyway, I always said that I would come back and do another challenge and I'm hoping that 2018 is going to be my year. So my question is, when is the best time to start looking for the build challenge thread, and where exactly do I look? The one year I entered I had happened upon the threads by luck... So yeah, looking forward to trying again!

2. g'ter guy

g'ter guy Tele-Meister

Sep 11, 2010
    Socal
    Just went looking for the 2016 and 2017 build challenges to get the juices flowing....just wow...really? The challenges are done? That's it?

3. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    Despite pleas from the usual challenge suspects, the challenges like the early days just haven't happened. It is a lot of work to monitor and organize them. To make matters worse, the photobucket debacle has ruined the archives of the old ones for many.

Maybe 2018 will be the year. I'd suggest you do an occasional visit and search for challenge information.

4. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    There are many other noteworthy build threads apart from challenge builds, but many of them sadly, were also decimated by that damned Photobucket. However, I think there are some that did not use PB, so they're still alive.

5. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 16, 2014
    Auburn, California
    Always loved the build threads. I don't know enough about woodworking to do my own. Love looking at them though.

6. g'ter guy

g'ter guy Tele-Meister

Sep 11, 2010
    Socal
    I like looking at them as well. they were my inspiration to keep trying to build.

Dismalhead likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.