Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

gearhead1972 2012 Challenge Build Thread -- COMPLETED

Discussion in '2012 TDPRI Tele Build Challenge' started by gearhead1972, Mar 13, 2012.

1. gearhead1972

gearhead1972 Tele-Meister

Nov 25, 2010
    Carmel NY
    Thanks Folks, I love thinking of a theme for a guitar then just making it come to life. The day before the challenge started I read the threads about it beginning. I new I had a piece of maple for the neck in the basement. I immediately thought about some walnut a buddy of mine had scored. The layout with the all black hardware and pick guard instantly came to my mind.
    Just like I did to this guitar almost 2 years ago. This one is a real keeper.
    Gold Top

2. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Congratulations - You were my #1 pick. I love that guitar :D I'm kind of a sucker for black hardware & wood grain.

3. BR06623

BR06623 Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Gearhead, beautiful guitar. When I saw the finished product, I thought "that could have come from the factory." Great job, beautiful wood, and you can see that I appreciate black hardware myself.

Congratulations!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2009
    Reading, Massachusetts
    Congratulations, Gearhead; may this be the first of many for you to enjoy.

6. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    Yours was my favorite in the first time class.

7. Great Job and Congrats!!!!

8. gearhead1972

Nov 25, 2010
    Carmel NY
    Thanks guys, Nosmo as soon as I saw the inlaying on the back of your bass, I knew I would be going for 2nd or 3rd.

9. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 22, 2010
    New Zealand
    Congratulations, man, that's a beautiful first gat and an excellent result. Look forward to seeing more of your great work in the years to come.

10. gearhead1972

Nov 25, 2010
    Carmel NY
    So I got my Amazon gift certificate last night, went ahead and ordered another mic stand, 25ft mic cable and a speaker cable to have a back up...$49.60 lol send that money right back into the music. Thanks Guys!

11. gearhead1972

Nov 25, 2010
    Carmel NY
    Thanks Phil, means a lot coming from you, your just plain crazy with your build man.

12. gearhead1972

Nov 25, 2010
    Carmel NY
    Hey Guys, don't come around too much anymore. Just wanted to updated on the guitar. Still as great as day one, but the two way truss rod did eventually pushing out the skunk stripe. Not a lot but it did come out just enough to feel it with your finger nail every month for about a year. I would sand and re apply tung oil every time. Then it pretty much stopped, it did pop a tiny bit since the first year, but hasnt moved a bit in 2 years.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.