Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Gear supply co

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Danjabellza, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    So beginning of summer I signed up for the gear supply co string subscription. I have no complaints about the quality of the product. The strings are really good, the convenience is great(when it's convenient...) and their picks are my new favorite.

The problem started when my 3rd automatic order was still undelivered 3 weeks after the money came out of my account. I messaged them, and I'm an amazing show of customer support, they informed me that the strings I had subscribed to were out of stock, and as repayment they refunded my money for that order, sent the strings plus a free set of strings, plus a $10 gift card to the site. Pretty great I think.

Then, I order one of their patch cable kits, using the gift card they sent me, on august 24th, I still haven't gotten it. On my account on their site it's listed as paid but unfulfilled. As is my string subscription from September 8th.

I messaged them today, and have yet to hear back from them. Im pleased with the products so far, and their customer service seems amazing, the frustrating thing is that there's no communication or notice when something is out of stock. I figure out that something is out of stock or unavailable when it still hasn't been fulfilled after a month and a half...

I may have to cancel my sub if this can't get resolved. Has anyone else had any issues or good experiences with GSC?

Toto'sDad likes this.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I don't have a subscription to anything, but I would offer my condolences on your living in Pahrump Nevada, I've been there before! I know it's crass mentioning that, but I was so excited since I live in Bakersfield to find someone living somewhere that "MIGHT" (no guarantee there) be worse, I just had to toss that little ditty! :lol:

Danjabellza likes this.

3. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Afflicted

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    I deal with corporate collapse and insolvency: sometimes bad service is more about total failure of the company before liquidation

Credit card purchase would protect this in the uk I think

4. intrentnet7

intrentnet7 TDPRI Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Salt Lake City
    Good experiences with GSco. overall. I stopped the string subscription cause I was getting too many strings. I like my strings to die a slow death so I tend to leave them on longer than I should. I do love the quality and sound of their strings. I have a few of their straps and I too bought a patch cable kit. Best bang for your buck in terms of patch cables.
    They do tend run out of stock quite often and will not re-stock until they have a massive order to place which would be the one complaint I have and seems to be the same as yours. I guess I just expect it from these small companies. They have great customer service though and I'd try to actually call them instead of email if I were you. they'll make it right but you might find it easier to talk to a live person.

Danjabellza likes this.

5. jenos

jenos Tele-Meister

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia, SC
    I'd back out before they take another payment from you. This has all of the markings of a company that is going under.

They want to provide good service and take care of their customers but just can't get the business side of things (typically supply chain and marketing) right.

6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I think you may be dealing with the infamous "middle man."

7. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    I may getting kind of bummed out about this. Last time I had an issue it was resolved in 20 min with a message. Now it's been 3 days. And I still havent heard back. I'll call on my lunch break. I did get one of the dates wrong, misread the history sheet. Both dates were in September, not august and September. But still, it's been 4 weeks and 2 weeks respectively and haven't heard or received anything.

8. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Tele-Afflicted

May 5, 2015
    Alaska
    Wow, that idea sounds vaguely familiar. Hmm ...

columbia house.jpg

9. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Left a voicemail on Thursday, contacted their Facebook page (originally on the 23rd, and again) yesterday morning, and directly emailed their Facebook page last night. Still nothing. I realize you guys probably don't care a lot, just trying to document this for others in the future, as I can't be the only one in this experience.

10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Danjabellza likes this.

11. harlycarly

harlycarly Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Republik of Vermont

WOW is right! You just conjured up some long forgotten bad memories with that one, Mike. :eek:

Danjabellza likes this.

12. Deeve

Deeve Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    Danjabellza likes this.

13. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    My highest hope is that I can report back that there was some fluke in the mix regarding my account. But I'm not finding that to be likely.

14. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Afflicted

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    I bet a lot of people on here care more than you could dare think

The kindness expressed in this forum couldn't come from people lacking in altruism

Danjabellza likes this.

15. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Emailed again today via Facebook. Still waiting for initial reply.

16. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    So, I got an email today from Gear Supply Co. It was thanking me for my recent order and asking me to leave a review. Problem is that I still don't have either of the products that I've ordered in the last 5 weeks. And after over a week of trying to get in touch, I replied to their support email with the following:

Good evening,
    I received an email asking me about my recent order and requesting that I leave a review on your website.

The problem is that I haven't received my last 2 orders. It's been a month since I ordered my patch cable kit, supposedly while they were in stock, and more than 2 weeks since you took money out of my account for my string subscription. Both orders read as paid but unfulfilled on your website. Neither have been delivered. I have emailed you, I have called you, I have messaged you on Facebook, I have left comments in multiple places on your Facebook.

I am losing any and all faith in your company. Your products are quality, for sure. But your customer service is beyond disappointing. You are unreachable, and apparently disinterested in customer satisfaction.

If I do not hear from a representative, before the week is out I will be in touch with the better business bureau and if need be, Omaha law enforcement.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but based on what I'm seeing on your social media pages, I am not the only person having these troubles with your otherwise company.

Sincerely,
    A previously ecstatic and currently disgruntled customer
    Danny

17. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    On the 17th of the month, I received the measage below, which is the sole response I’ve received at all. I also, finally received my patch cable kit last night, a meager 45 days after I paid for it. Still waiting on my last set of strings from them. And have cancelled my subscription.

“Hey, Danny. Thanks for reaching out!

I am so sorry about the late response on here.

It looks like both of your orders contained products that are currently on backorder. We should be getting that patch cable in on Friday, meaning it should be processed and sent out to you at the beginning of next week.

It will, however, be a bit longer with the strings. To make up for the wait, I'll go ahead and refund the price of the strings, and still send them out to you once we get them in.

Again, we're so sorry for the inconvenience!

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you. We're always happy to help!

Caitlyn J.
    support@gearsupply.co
    www.gearsupply.co
    @gearsupply.co

Now, this chaps me a bit. I’m not one to want free things when I complain. I’m not even usually one to complain. I don’t ask for my money back unless something is unusable, and I seldom ask for an exchange or perk. But: during the period of time that I was messaging them, they had a promotion for spend $50 or more and get a $20 gift card. This was not offered to me, last time I had an issue, they refunded the total cost including shipping and sent me 2 sets of strings instead of 1. Now I was refunded the $6 for the strings, but I’m still paying shipping on something that was supposed to be delivered a month ago. The apology itself was sloppy, informal, and otherwise insincere. I messaged them after this thanking them for the reply, and inquiring about possibly getting another set of connectors for the patch cable kit, and recommending that they take steps to improve their communication regarding backorders etc. A week later still no response.

I’ve started a complaint with the the BBB, and will be completing it this afternoon.

I would warn anyone against using GSC in the future, unless I hear/find their service has improved. The only order I can imagine myself placing with them, might be for a pair of 1/4 plugs to finish my pedalboard.

18. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Also, they’ve deactivated their reviews section on their Facebook. So... that’s telling...

Steve Holt and Piggy Stu like this.

19. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Tele-Meister

May 3, 2016
    Scotland
    Strings on back order?

Come on!

Danjabellza and Piggy Stu like this.

20. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Afflicted

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.