Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Gasing for a CS Tele

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by BobTheOwl, Jul 30, 2017.

1. BobTheOwl

BobTheOwl TDPRI Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Sheffield UK
    No AV64s available locally to have a go on. My heart is set on a Blackguard, so AV52 it will be.

Maybe my next Tele will be a 64?

Thanks for the advice/viewpoints.

moosie likes this.

2. The Guy

The Guy Tele-Meister

Sep 15, 2016
    Guitarsphere
    So... you got the standard, the esquire, the roadworn, now the avri is comming... you just need the Custom Shop! :D ...seriously, get yourself a CS nocaster, ain't cooler than that.

Just look at that:

fender-custom-shop-2012-51-relic-nocaster-352975.jpg

...prettier than Claudia Cardinale.

Falconbill likes this.

3. gitarjoe

gitarjoe Tele-Afflicted

Sep 28, 2003
    NY
    could you use another tele? of course you could. we all can.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. moosie

moosie Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    As I said in another thread recently, I've been scaling down my Tele headcount. From five down to two. AV58 and AV64. Sold the WW10 52, even. That's OK, I wanted other stuff, on a limited budget.

But then I made a real bonehead move. Put it this way: buying a nice looking Tele neck is either a very clever way to get another Tele, or really short-sighted... :oops:o_O:lol:

So, it's looking like I'm moving back up to three, as soon as I can figure out how to build a body.

In my defense, it is a stunning solid rosewood neck, but still, not my most brilliant plan...

Bob, you are gonna love that '52. The post-2012 AVs are all spectacular, in my experience. The difference between the models is like flavors of ice cream, nothing more.

6. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Ho yes.
    As the owner of three Lake Placid Blue Teles (I know, I know....) I can tell you that they are a taste that, once acquired, never fully sated.

rjtwangs likes this.

7. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    Too too funny, busting a gut here, I say something like that because I have 3 tele's....and I'm having one made and I'm looking at a vintage tele....I know I know....not sure about 3 of the same color....there might be a special word for that kind of G.A.S. ......

p.s. still laughing....

RJ

rze99 likes this.

8. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    Hey Steve, look forward to seeing your new CS, you got a good dealer in 'def leppard' country?

9. BobTheOwl

BobTheOwl TDPRI Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Sheffield UK
    Hi Lefty

When it came to it as much as I'd love a CS Tele, I just couldn't justify it. Instead I've opted for the AV52 reissue.

Will post pic on the AV52 thread when she arrives.

As for the local dealer, Sheffield is home to Rich Tone, they have a decent selection of gear although Ive not ordered it from them.

I'm not sure about Def Leppard though - Ive never been a fan.

Steve

brogh likes this.

10. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    Fair do's Steve, each to their own mate, glad you got what you wanted anyhow ...

11. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    AV series are spectacular instruments, you'll enjoy that one.

Had a 2004 52' couldn't cope with that neck .. i don't know why .. but my buddy's post 2012 was a completely different beast, i might get one of these one day again :)

12. Henfield Tele

Henfield Tele Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2012
    West Sussex Uk
    Gak in Brighton have an AV52 on offer at the he moment, I've played this it's as light as a feather. Nice guitar, it's old 2014 new stock and been a demo but in perfect condition. Might be worth a trip!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.