Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Gadow Nashville content - Tele purist beware :-)

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by starjag, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starjag

starjag Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2009
    Ontario
    This Gadow Nashville was delivered to my door on Friday from Blue Bus Music in NY. Changed the bridge to my favourite Tele bridge and off we go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fantastic and very quiet pickups. Would love to know the actual specs. I think that they are made by the Gadow people as well.

This is the second Gadow at home (my other Gadow is a Custom Hollow) and the necks on these things are superb: 1.11/16 nut width and a full C profile that tapers nicely.

As evident by the pics, the body is smaller and rounder than a traditional Tele. It balances well both standing and seating. The fit and finish are what you expect from a boutique shop.

These are fantastic guitars for the money (even if you buy new). Cheers!

2. starjag

starjag Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2009
    Ontario
    I know, I know... an abomination! I just found that the pickups are a mixture of Alnico 5 and 2 magnets wound to 7.5 on the bridge and 6 at the neck. They sound pretty :)

3. iowa

iowa Tele-Meister

Aug 10, 2007
    Corn Country
    Wow,

Great looking axe, Starjag. Just ran across this thread. I can't believe that this thread didn't generate more interest (positive or negative).

I have a Gadow custom hollow and IMHO it is the nicest playing guit I've ever had in my hands. I'm saving up my pennies for a Nashville.
    Do you have pics of the your custom hollow?

4. rainedave

rainedave Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2010
    NC, USA
    I worked one street over from Ryan's shop in Durham for several years. I would go in there on my lunch hour from time to time. He's a genuine guy. Younger than you might think for someone with his luthier skills and experience. I had him do some repair work on a Tele. First rate work. He started out in a tiny, second-floor room next to a burrito joint before moving around the corner to his present shop on 9th.

5. starjag

starjag Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2009
    Ontario
    For some reason, Gadows fly very much under the radar.

This is my current favourite guitar/amp combination...
    [​IMG]

The Nashville is a great guitar. I am not sure what the different pickup options are but the ones I have are pretty low output (mixture of Alnico 5 and 2 magnets wound to 7.5 on the bridge and 6 at the neck). I like the fact that the amp is doing most of the work!

Yes, I do...
    [​IMG]
    This one has P90 pickups from Suhr.

6. indiobravo

indiobravo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 14, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    i like it! great looking guitar!

7. lewis

lewis Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Colorado
    That custom hollow looks great. Never heard of Gadow, thanks for sharing.

8. LOTF

LOTF Tele-Meister

Mar 25, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Nice-looking guitar. I don't much care for the peghead, though. I like 6 inline tuners a lot better than 3 to a side. The body shape almost reminds me of the Collings City Limits (Collings' take on the Les Paul). The color is just awesome.

BTW, the p'ups aren't an abomination if they do what they're supposed to do and you like their sound.

9. starjag

starjag Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2009
    Ontario
    No, no... the pickups are fantastic! But the body shape could be an abomination if you are looking for the traditional lines.

10. LOTF

LOTF Tele-Meister

Mar 25, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Hey, I was considering a Parker Southern Nitefly. Your Gadow's body shape is plain, vanilla and traditional next to that. The only thing I don't like about the Gadow is the headstock and it has a lot more to do with functionality than appearance.

I'd still like to pick up the SNF sometime. Doubtlessly, my 3 traditional-shaped Teles will be scandalized. :lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.