Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

G&L Owners club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by OM 21, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Cole Bowman

Cole Bowman TDPRI Member

Jan 5, 2017
    USA

2. Cole Bowman

Cole Bowman TDPRI Member

Jan 5, 2017
    USA
    Hi guys, I have a brand new G&L Tribute series ASAT Classic Limited Edition. It has the traditional looking neck pickup and sounds really good. No its not an American G&L but it is a great guitar. I love it. Finally a Neck seemingly made just for me! It's white with 3 ply white black white pickguard and maple neck and fretboard. I really like it. Wanted to add pic but it will have to wait since I don't use Facebook or any of that and cannot add it as a regular attachment I guess. Maybe I'm missing something?

tery likes this.

3. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

If the picture file is on your machine you can post it using the "upload a file" button. Select the file and then insert it as "full image".

4. Cole Bowman

Cole Bowman TDPRI Member

Jan 5, 2017
    USA
    Ok sorry, here's the photo of my ASAT Classic. Just needed to take a min to figure it out.

Attached Files:

Pickcity and horax like this.

5. Cole Bowman

Cole Bowman TDPRI Member

Jan 5, 2017
    USA
    Thank you. I seen it but I'm using my phone with all my pics on it to post but the way files were arranged on my phone way odd and confusing to get to using the "upload a file" button but I figured it out. Thank you for the help though and only a few mins after I posted. Nice place here!

6. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Tele-Meister

Oct 22, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA

7. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    Also, just noticed a few more things.
    It's a 2016, and I got it as an open box from MF, but I just saw there's significant fret wear in the first position. Should this be the case with jumbo frets?

I think whoever had it last out 11's or 12's on it as my fingers are sore after playing which hasn't been the case in YEARS!

The nut is cut so it slightly overhangs on the bass side, and the low E is darn near on the edge. Not sure if I want to go through the trouble of making it better or not.

Anybody else have issues like this?

8. Tsquared

Tsquared TDPRI Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Florida
    Gonna keep it. Only thing I needed to touch was pickup height, and I'm still fooling with that. Built like they meant for it to last.

yjwcvoff1v6ahywyfk3v.jpg

9. guitrr

guitrr TDPRI Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Port Orange, FL

10. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

May 23, 2011
    Alberta, Canada

11. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

May 23, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    That's a very good looking guitar you have there guitrr.

How about showing us a little more of it? Love the colour, but need to see what makes it tick, back and front. :)

1Coil likes this.

12. guitrr

guitrr TDPRI Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Port Orange, FL
    [​IMG]
    I'm away from home right now (actually on my way to NAMM), and this was the best photo of the entire guitar that's currently on my phone. You can disregard the other instruments

13. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

May 23, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    After my recent fact finding mission here on the G&L owners club site - and no two ways about it, you guys helped me more than a lot - I spent a little time on the G&L forum, where I registered my latest acquisition. I was amazed also by the amount of information that can also be seen on that site.

Do many members here belong to both sites?

The guitar fraternity in general is so darned helpful. Thanks to all my fellow noodlers for all the info, regardless of where you are based.

14. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I am on both, although I'm much more active here.

15. phx1973

phx1973 Tele-Meister

Sep 1, 2013
    Bloomington, Indiana
    New as of yesterday, G&L Legacy Tribute. My first strat-style guitar. Loving it so far and glad to be in the club

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. 1Coil

1Coil TDPRI Member

Mar 6, 2015
    SF Bay Area
    Indeed, I am following in your footsteps. My first strat-style guitar as well is this 2016 Legacy Tribute (NGD, from EB):

My first maple fretboard instrument, as well.

But, I am no stranger to G&L -- here are the family shots:

The ASAT is USA. The L-2500 is a Tribute; she's a real beast in the mix.

Lots of fun.

Cheers!

Pickcity and Otis Fine like this.

17. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    I am now in the club...just got a USA ASAT Special...you might have seen the thread.

I love it! The Jumbo MFD's are GREAT!!! Very articulate and can overdrive instantly if so desired.
    Here's the pix:

IMG_3035.JPG IMG_3036.JPG IMG_3037.JPG IMG_3038.JPG

18. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Unlike a Fender, a USA G + L has very little "wiggle room" in the neck to body fit. I'm happy enough with my stock nuts for now, but if my slots were misaligned I think I would get a new nut. On a Tribute (why don't Tribute people have their own Club?) I'd reset the neck like I would a Fender.

19. phx1973

phx1973 Tele-Meister

Sep 1, 2013
    Bloomington, Indiana
    New G&L Fallout (Tribute model). Love the P90, and of course the humbucker is great too. Come to think of it, I really love all the pickup positions. This actually resembles the new Fender Duo-Sonic's, which I was interested in. Much prefer the P90 neck though. Really fun to play! Nice to have the standard coil tap too. Anyone else have one? IMG_2476.JPG

chemobrain and 1Coil like this.

20. 1Coil

1Coil TDPRI Member

Mar 6, 2015
    SF Bay Area
    I'm hearing Dick Dale, here...

phx1973 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.