Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

G&L Owners club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by OM 21, Jun 26, 2009.

1. OM 21

OM 21 Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2009
    W. MA.
    I just realized that their was no G&L owners club, and I know their are others on here, so without further ado, welcome to the G&L Owners Clubs thread.

A couple of months ago I picked up my G&L ASAT Classic tribute series. Sweet guitar that now has me gassing for an American made G&L. And once my 000-18 sells, I am going to do just that. But for now, here's mine.

[​IMG]

2. jim_pridx

jim_pridx Tele-Afflicted

Oct 1, 2008
    WI
  3. mepst

mepst TDPRI Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Between Baltimore and DC
    Here's mine (I think I've posted this pic in another thread):

[​IMG]

This was my 'gateway' Tele -- even though it's not technically a Tele I've purchased a '52 RI and an American Std. since. It's completely stock, and I really love the pickups. I'm thinking about replacing the pickguard with a black one though.

4. SouthpawGuy

SouthpawGuy Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2008
    Way Out There
    G&Ls are highly addictive. I bought my first in April '08.

I now have twelve :rolleyes: ( up until Monday it was eleven but I went and bought another, just could not resist)

Here's a couple of shots of some of them ...

ASATs' - Bluesboy, Deluxe, Classic Custom and III
    [​IMG]

Lecacys' - Deluxe, 2HB, HB and an S-500 Deluxe
    [​IMG]

And yes they are all upside down and back to front.

Very handy that 'cos I'm left handed :lol:

Cheap Trills likes this.
  5. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn TDPRI Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Oregon
    No pics, but i have a nice sunburst 96 Legacy. Mostly gets ignored while I play the Tele's.

SouthpawGuy, you need just "one" more. You are a club all by yourself!

6. surfco

surfco Tele-Afflicted

Mar 24, 2009
    BAJA
  7. suave eddie

suave eddie Tele-Afflicted

Feb 28, 2009
    Great White North
    MId '80s SC-1 with Seymour Duncan JB in bridge and Duncan '59 in neck with push/pull switch on tone knob for coil split.

[​IMG]<p>
    [​IMG]

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Yeah.

I love it.

++

Here's 3 of my late-bicut era G + Ls:

[​IMG]

Blue J and guitrr like this.
  9. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Tele-Meister

Aug 17, 2008
    Newton NJ
    Here's my USA made ASAT Classic.....I picked it up off craigslist 4 months ago for $650 with a HS case...dark pic but the only one I have so far....I simply cannot find a Fender that can compete with it overall...

Attached Files:

guitrr likes this.
  10. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Tele-Meister

Aug 17, 2008
    Newton NJ
    Anyone own both USA and Tribute asats? Any thoughts on if there is that much difference? I've read Boris' well supported thoughts on how he feels the USA ones are far superior...and obviously I would expect the USA ones to be better overall....but are they THAT much better? ..Anyone have a different experience?

BTW...Kudos to the thread starter.......a G&L owners club thread was definitely needed!!:cool:

11. axmaker

axmaker Tele-Holic

Mar 29, 2008
    Oakley, CA
    she don't look like much now, but she has it where it counts....
    [​IMG]

guitrr likes this.
  12. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'm not an ASAT (or any other G&L model) owner, but if you'll indulge me, I'd like to respond to your question, Chuck.

This time last year I was checking out G&Ls. I tried a couple of ASAT Classic Tributes and a USA. I don't claim to have the most skilled hands or the most sophisticated ear, but I remember taking note at the time that *for me* there was not enough difference between them in terms of playability and sound to be worth the extra money for an American made ASAT.

BTW, I didn't wind up going with G&L, but I liked them. They were just a little different than what I was looking for. The neck felt different; not bad, just different. And those MFD pups were sure hot, but again just different than what I was looking for.

13. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin Staff Member Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Near TELE-Town (Wash. DC)
    Admin Post
    Hi, my name is Chris, and I'm a G&L addict. :( I've owned maybe twenty of the suckers over the last decade or so. :oops: Oh, and three of the basses. :-|

Eventually had to sell most of them, but they're great, great guitars. My current fave is an ASAT Z-3 Semi-Hollow with V-neck (littered with birdseyes) and an ebony board. It has the best neck of any guitar I've ever owned, period. And it works for any and every style of music. (Okay, maybe not Japanese shakuhachi -- but I bet you could fake it.) ;-) CS

14. SouthpawGuy

SouthpawGuy Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2008
    Way Out There
    A couple of shots of my two ASAT Specials

90s' three bolt neck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

00s' four bolt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. asatfan

asatfan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I've got two Asats, and a Broadcaster. I love all of them! Bought the first one in '89 after seeing (and hearing) John Jorgenson play one. I gotta take some pictures of all three of them...

Some beautiful guitars, you all! SouthpawGuy, I especially like your red burst with the maple fretboard. Now that's what I'm talking about! What do they call that color?

16. jim_pridx

jim_pridx Tele-Afflicted

Oct 1, 2008
    WI
    That pickguard looks to be custom made.....a bit more like a traditional Tele. Very nice guitar, though!

17. SouthpawGuy

SouthpawGuy Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2008
    Way Out There
    As far as I know it's redburst ! :lol:

http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/finishes/premier/redburst.asp

18. SouthpawGuy

SouthpawGuy Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2008
    Way Out There
    I bought that one used, like most of my G&Ls, it might have been a custom order ? It is a looker !

19. 65flh5326

65flh5326 Banned

Jan 1, 2008
    walla walla wa
  20. Bill Jones

Bill Jones Tele-Meister

Feb 21, 2008
    ChiTown

Those are two beeeuuutiful Specials ya got there SouthpawGuy! :D :D :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.