Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

G&L Fullerton Standard

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Dunnigan, May 25, 2017.

1. Dunnigan

Dunnigan Tele-Meister

Apr 27, 2017
    USA
    What do you guys think about the new ones? Nice price point, they still put them on the Plek . Would you be ok with gig bag (esp if you already have a case laying around). I love my ASAT alnico USA, and I think if these were avavailable when I purchased, they would be on my short list. The G&G case on the USA models is sweet, though.

2. John C

John C Tele-Afflicted

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    It's my understanding that the "Fullerton Standard" is basically G&L deciding to do batch runs with all the same specs the gig bag to keep the price down (and just 2 color/pickguard combos). At a very nice price.

Per the G&L forum (guitarsbyleo.com) they just did a test run of mahogany bodied semi-hollow ASAT Classics (think Fender '69-style Thinline Teles) and are going to sell the test runs (3 colors this time; 10 in each color, one color gets a rosewood fingerboard) at the Fullerton Standard price.

JagInTheBag likes this.

3. JagInTheBag

JagInTheBag TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2017
    Grayslake, IL
    Yes, the Fullerton Standard models are a "best bang for your buck" USA build option. Gives the dealers' wall hangers for showroom purchase and buyers who can pay more that Tribute prices and don't want to stretch to a full custom USA build price. All the USA build quality without the extra pinstriping and mudflaps, so to speak.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.