Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Fuzz Thread!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RetroTeleRod, Apr 21, 2017.

1. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Tele-Afflicted

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    YES!!! I'm gassing for a Source Audio Kingmaker Fuzz. In fact, I just shot some family portraits last night, and fortunately, they paid quickly, so maybe I'll use that cash to get it.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

2. CV Jee Beez

CV Jee Beez Tele-Meister

Nov 24, 2016
    Duarte, CA
    Somebody posted a thread on the Black Cat D&S. if I did have fuzz GAS, it would be for that.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

3. Gibsonsmu

Gibsonsmu Tele-Meister

May 7, 2015
    Texas
    IMG_0641.JPG I got a good deal on old 72 with 209c's. it's a wild beast that will melt your face. If you're into that....

karpis, BorderRadio and RetroTeleRod like this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Serenity23

Serenity23 Tele-Holic

I'm still wanting an Analogman Sunlion.

sanfi4u and RetroTeleRod like this.

6. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I want almost every fuzz I can get cheap, except for the Chinese knockoffs. No behringer, joyo, etc for me. I don't like how or why they're made, and I don't want to even see them on my floor, much less make music with them.

Creative scavenging and bottom feeding, on the other hand, I'm all for.
    I have a seemingly hand made "doom treader" I got for $30 on craigslist, a $40 homebuilt fuzzrite clone also from the cl, and I've built some ge fuzz face clones from $40 synthrotek kits. I think I will buy any sub $50 fuzz I see that represents a flavor I don't have, if there's money in my pocket when I see it that I'm not already spending on records or motorcycle parts.
    Currently I need a gated fuzz for part of one song, so maybe I have to spring for a fuzz factory or build a clone. I'm not as into the big muff thing, but I'd like a russian style one, so if I see a cheap eh bass big muff I'll grab it. I intend to buy a dod fx52, and if I ever see an unusual deal on a boss fz-3 I'd buy one. I also want something from devi ever. And there are some particular handbuilt clones on etsy I'm interested in.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    RetroTeleRod likes this.

7. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Friend of Leo's

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    That was me, Ha!

CV Jee Beez likes this.

8. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

Feb 17, 2007
    Portugal
    I have a Fuzz Head that I really like but I'd like to have something more honkier and nastier. I should probably blame Doyle Bramhall II and his Zonk Machine...
    Right I have two other fuzzes to demo but not exactly the kind of fuzzes I'm looking for.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    RetroTeleRod likes this.

9. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Jan 17, 2010
    Decatur, GA
    I've been on a fuzz search for the last couple years and gotta say, my favorite one so far is the Behringer Super Fuzz... everytime I step on it, I smile. Sometimes i even get giggly.

Most fun you can have for $25...

RetroTeleRod, basher and blowtorch like this.

10. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Yep I like that one too!

11. hongaku

hongaku Tele-Afflicted

Dec 14, 2011
    Oakton, VA, USA
    Honestly, the only fuzzes I would want beyond what I currently have (various fuzz faces, and a couple of muffs), are a couple of the tonebender variants (had a analogman sunbender mk 1.5, but had to sell it unwillingly).
    Possibly an astrotone would be cool as well.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

12. dlew919

dlew919 Friend of Leo's

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    I've got the germanium fuzz face mini. I love it. Nothing shapes a nasty overdrive better than that on the top.

Although I'd love a big muff.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

13. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2009
    Michigan
    Ooo astrotone is on my list.

14. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Holic

Sep 13, 2016
    Georgia, US
    Don't hate me, but...in over 21 years of playing guitar, I have never owned and have never wanted a fuzz pedal. The other guitarist in the cover band has up to 3 fuzzes on his board at any given time and he sounds great riding his volume knob. From my experience, I would not. So he's the fuzz guy and I'm the OD guy.

dlew919 likes this.

15. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    Old school Sovtech Tall Font Big Muff and a Black Cat Super Fuzz. The Sovtech is too much of a real estate hog to earn permanent space on the pedal board, but man I love it! I've had it since the'90s.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

16. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Holic

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    [​IMG]

Anode100, Minimalist518 and dlew919 like this.

17. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Doing just fine with my Dunlop Red Germanium mini Fuzz Face but have been experiencing some mild GAS for Catlinbread Katzenkonig which is a combination of a Tonebender and a RAT. Nothing I need but that's never stopped me before!

RetroTeleRod and dlew919 like this.

18. dlew919

dlew919 Friend of Leo's

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    *snigger*

19. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas

20. Stratohacker

Stratohacker Tele-Meister

Apr 18, 2013
    California
    I am smitten by Jam Pedals' Fuzz Phrase.

21. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

I really need to find 7 minutes! And these parts ...

VanManNW, J Hog and RetroTeleRod like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.