Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Funcaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Tomasi, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    Well that's a beauty!

2. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    What a respectable and not to mention beautiful collection of Reverends! They have lot's of models with very pleasing and balanced combination of shapes. I have a soft spot for Reeves Gabrels signature. Unfortunately it does not come in red. :rolleyes:

Just looked up about the stunning Spy of yours. That's also a rare bird! And I thought my Les was a rarity, under 50 made that year (The first one) in wine red.

3. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    Finally some sunshine here today, so I was able to get few decent shots of the guitar. The metallic effect on red shows a little better on these.
    [​IMG]

4. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    Just love the headstock, the contrast between the tinted maple and the red. :eek: Must Have!

5. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Thank you, I've owned several dozen's of them over the years...from his early amplifiers to the Reverend USA's, import line & his Railhammer pickups, Joe Naylor has been at the front of the pack with his retro-inovasions. Reverend just won Best In Show honors at the 2016 NAMM, for their new, Billy Corgan signature model. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=8GwZsff1mw8

You mentioned the Reeves model not being red...I went ahead & had an Unknown Hinson model repaint, the top in a custom Candy Blood Red. It's heavily modified from it's original self, with several new chrome additions...a Bigsby B5, a new 3 tone control plate & an added 6-way, rotary switch, a chrome banjo rest, (like the older USA models, on the forearm area), a third, middle p90 + all 3 pickup covers are all chrome.

I'm not surprised at all to learn of your art/design background. It show's in your guitar build & eye for aesthetics. I'm a graphic design school dropout, myself. Much like Gibson's Firebird, your Fender body would look great in a "reverse" layout...just sayin'.

www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/billy-corgan-signature/

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016

6. TheletterJ

TheletterJ Tele-Afflicted

Aug 13, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    Man... I'm late to this party but that Funcaster is beautiful! Superb job!

I've been waxing ecstatic about the new Offset Tele in the infamous thread and I've wanted to do my own custom Jazzcaster build for a while. This is just inspiring. Way beyond my humble build skills.

7. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    So you're true Reverend enthusiast. No wonder, really cool stuff!

Maybe I'll build a reverse some day to give company for my shamelessly intense cardinal red Epi Firebird VII. Yvette was meant to be the couple for my CAR Fender Bass VI.

8. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    This was my first attempt to finish a guitar body, so I didn't have a clue how it will turn out. Only way to have truly surprising success is risking utter failure. You don't know if it beyond your skills before trying. Just saying... ;)

9. HappyHwy1owner

HappyHwy1owner Tele-Meister

Feb 7, 2011
    Independence, Mo
    Good looking guitar! Would go great with a '50's Vette.

10. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    I'll PM my address so you can send me one... :lol:

11. HappyHwy1owner

HappyHwy1owner Tele-Meister

Feb 7, 2011
    Independence, Mo
    Be cheaper for you to just send me the guitar. I'll take good care of it! :D

12. TheletterJ

TheletterJ Tele-Afflicted

Aug 13, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    I keep coming back to this. Seriously, I might make this my wallpaper.

13. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    That is very nice, I had considered the 12 string Italia, but was put off by the scratchplate, I could go for this.

14. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    I might still have the vector files somewhere used for laser cutting the guards if you need them.

15. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    I'm flattered, thank you. It's nothing compared to insanely laborious and imaginative guitars that you can find so many on this forum, but if I may say myself, it ended up to have quite coherent style and vibe. Like if Stratocaster never happened, the missing link and other route between Tele and Jazzmaster designed in fifties.

16. TimmyV

TimmyV Tele-Meister

Aug 11, 2014
    Ohio

Very nice! Stratocaster meets Telecaster meets Jazzmaster meets Rickenbacker.

17. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    An episode of will it blend? :p Don't forget the Dano for the lipsticks. ;) I love all those mentioned and can't play them at the same time. This is as close as I could get.

18. Asmith

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    I like guitar mishmashes, my partscaster is another one and I love it! :lol:

19. jonallen356

jonallen356 TDPRI Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    That looks amazing. I'm working on my first build and looking to do a similar finish on a neck to what you did on the back of the body. Any way you could give a little more detail on your process to get that look?

20. Asmith

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    There's some more detail here about how it was stained

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.