Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fulltone '70 internal trim pots

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by teleprompted, Dec 11, 2012.

1. teleprompted

teleprompted Tele-Meister

Aug 20, 2012
    toronto
    Hey all, just wondering if any of you messed with the internal pots of the fulltone '70 and if so why? I have one and have not touched them and to be quite honest, not sure what they do. I'm happy with the sound but I'm curious to know if the pedal can perform better with tinkering with them. Thanks in advance

2. markxander

markxander Tele-Holic

Pretty sure they're just for biasing the transistors--ie. set and forget in the factory, not meant to be adjusted by the user

3. Rockdog

Rockdog Tele-Afflicted

Mar 4, 2010
    Shrewsbury, MA
    From the manual:

"There’s an internal trimmer (set by us) that affects the pedal’s response and
    varies the feel from soft to firm...feel free to experiment!!!!!!!!
    Turn Clockwise to soften and compress more
    Turn CCW to increase loudness, quicken tracking, and increase bottom end."

Enjoy the pedal. I had the original big box version and sold it. I miss it :(

4. teleprompted

teleprompted Tele-Meister

Aug 20, 2012
    toronto
    Thanks rockdog I'll give it a shot and see if i like the sound better one way vs the other. Doubt I'll give it more compression since that might bring out more unwanted noise. This thing is already a beast and taming it ain't easy :lol:

5. JesterR

JesterR Tele-Afflicted

Jul 8, 2009
    Russia, St.-Petersburg
    I tweaked it a bit, and found fun settings on compression side. It becomes more lo-fi, Fuzztone- style sounds. When you rotate pot in other direction it just becomes smoother, but also loose fuzziness, so, basically, it becomes sounds like a muddy overdrive for me. So, I prefer to return it on stock place, just classic fuzz face.

6. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    Fuzzes work better for single coils... need to adjust a bit for humbuckers.... or to make the effect a bit more subtile... like to be able to play a chord... etc.

7. pulteney

pulteney TDPRI Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Verona, Italy
    Sorry for resurrecting this... Would you mind sharing the default setting? I've bought one used, the trimmer's currently at 5 o'clock. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

8. Rockdog

Rockdog Tele-Afflicted

Mar 4, 2010
    Shrewsbury, MA
    I remember the default setting was marked in pen. Not sure what version you have but if you haven't opened it up yet, see if there's a mark. If not, you can always ask Fulltone: https://www.fulltone.com/contact/contact-us

9. pulteney

pulteney TDPRI Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Verona, Italy
    Thank you very much for your reply. I've got a MK II – see photo attached.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.