Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Friday the Thirteenth, Hows your day going?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chemobrain, Jul 13, 2018 at 8:34 PM.

1. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    I just found out it :eek:, it's friday the 13th nothing happened yet, should I go out to the store? Will I meet with the neighborhood psycho Pitbull, will a piece of space junk fall from the sky and and squash me flat? options anxiety, yes! :(

2. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

No anxiety or superstitions here.
    1. Worked this AM.
    2. Serious round of trail riding (MTB) this afternoon.
    3. Enjoyed summer brew.
    4. Enjoyed my wife's home made pizza.
    5. Enjoyed temperature drop and watching a big storm front roll in.

TeleBrew likes this.

3. RB522

RB522 TDPRI Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Burlington, WI
    It's actually going better than the rest of the week has !

4. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    just like any other day...life kicks my butt

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    So far, sir good.
    Just 4 more hours to go.

6. TeleBrew

TeleBrew Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 5, 2007
    Evergreen, Colorado
    Thought I'd had a major cooler malfuction at my brewpub, but I (think I) got it sussed out and fixed. Fingers crossed. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. I hope.

7. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I worked my butt off today and got a lot done.

Sitting at home now with my wife and daughter. All good.

We do have a very dark thunderstorm rolling in. Looks creepy outside. We’re inside. Let it rain! I hope we get some booms.

william tele likes this.

8. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Holic

Jul 10, 2014
    Tokyo
    I had to renew my drivers license. Ironically, I had to ride my bicycle across town to the license center, as parking is hard to find in Nihonbashi. It was hot and humid, as Tokyo summers usually are, so I arrived hot and sweaty. But after 10 years of driving in Japan, I was finally upgraded to a “gold” license, so now I can get a discount on my car insurance.

tintag27 likes this.

9. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Traffic was particularly crazy today.....turning in front of me without yielding right-of -way, people doing 20mph BELOW the speed limit, running red lights and almost hitting other cars....in other words, just as it usually is these days. Don't know if it's because all the people from California and up north moving here, or our local folks are just "adapting" to the aggression of the new-comers. Friday the Thirteenth is just the NEW NORMAL!!!!

10. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 30, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    I was not aware of that..But it explains what has been going on with me..

11. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    I only had two patients all day! The rest I spent on computer related work reading. I left work an hour early! I'm on my second beer and I just cooked homemade mackie cheese! Getting ready to watch Dodgers/Angels in the SoCal Series. 13th? Meh.....

Toadtele likes this.

12. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Oct 3, 2009
    georgia
    Bad enough that I snuck away for a phone interview with a headhunter today at work.

Anode100 likes this.

13. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Idaho just the tip
    I got married on a Friday the 13th. 1999. Every Friday the 13 we celebrate an anniversary of sorts. Today is our 35 anniversary in 19+ years. Both off early. Sat on the back deck for a bit. Had an early dinner at a local lake front restaurant. Right on the water. A few excellent craft brews. Home now. Wife in favorite hammock chair. Favorite tele in my lap. Looking like a few more beers. I could pass now in peace.

DarkKnight37 and dented like this.

14. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    The uncertain oil delivery arrived at 7am so I don't have to lug diesel home for weekend hot water.
    I left work mid shift to go to a funeral, forgot to punch out, the funeral home was locked when I got there, so I went back to work, told my boss I'd been on the clock and all was fine.
    Made it to the bank a few minutes before it closed, made it to the store a few minutes before the fish counter was shut down so I got a big piece of salmon for dinner.
    No fight with my wife, no road rage, no fender benders, shoes stayed tied, overall a fine Ft13.

Toadtele likes this.

15. thegreatshocka

thegreatshocka Tele-Meister

Nov 6, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    The worst part of my day was forgetting my gym shorts and having to run all the way back home to get them. I remembered every other piece of clothing, only forgot the most important one :mad:o_O

16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I sold a house on Friday the 13th one time, took the highest of four offers and it went through without a hitch.

17. Slip Kid

Slip Kid Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2011
    Connecticut
    Overall it could have been worse. Mine started off good, got comical for a bit and ended with annoyances.

Left for work early with enough time to grab a donut on the way in. Got to the pick up window and realized I forgot my wallet. The lady at the window was cool about it, gave me the donuts and said to come back to pay. So I went home for my wallet, caught every red light on the way back to pay (along with a tip for being nice about it) and, now running late, fought my way through heavy traffic to work.

My office orders out for breakfast on Friday. I decided to get French toast, which then showed up with no syrup or knife.

Topped the afternoon off with stupid BS by my underlings.

Thankfully I remembered to pick up a 6 pack so my day ended on a positive note!

18. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    It's Friday...what's not to like?

kafka likes this.

19. kafka

kafka Tele-Holic

Oct 18, 2013
    Maryland
    Seriously. Now, "Monday the thirteenth". Just the thought of it sends shivers down my spine. But Friday? It's kind of like an evil kitten. Or a bad pizza.

william tele likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.