Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Fret Wire Help

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Vanzant, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Hey there...I am getting ready to purchase a new neck for my next project and need some recommendations on fret-wire size. I have a guitar with vintage frets that I really like, and I also have one with medium jumbo frets that I also really like.

I am getting my neck from Musikraft, and the choices they have that I am torn between are

Vintage 6230
    Medium 6105
    Medium Jumbo 6150.

I have seen others call Medium Jumbos 6130 (charts below)...Musikraft is calling 6150's Medium Jumbo (confusing). I am wondering if the medium jumbos on my Fender tele are 6130 or 6150.

fretwire-warmoth.jpg
    frets_01.jpg

I am trying to replicate a 1960's Pre CBS Surf Green Tele, so there is also that aspect...period correctness.

Any recommendation on sizes...what do you all prefer? Are medium jumbos standard these days?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.