Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fret refinishing kit?????

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by guitarzan13, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotMandre

MotMandre TDPRI Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Jensen Beach, Florida
    Can you explain this Rolling the block diagonally in a bit more detail? I can't quite picture it. Is there anything special I need to keep in mind with a compound radius neck? Thanks for the link to this site Ron, it's very informative. I’ve had several questions answered just by reading the posts.
    TE

2. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    There's a Guy Who Posts Fret Jobs on eBay

Who used to work at Warmoth. He does fret work of all kinds, including refrets. His prices are reasonable and
    his work guaranteed. I'll have to try to find his info, but he's in the Lancaster, PA area. I swapped e-mails with him and he seems a good guy. If I can track down his info, I'll pass it along.

3. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Rolling is simply allowing the tool to follow the natural curve or radius of the neck as you move it up and down slowly grinding the frets untill the all have been cut.

Nothing special is required for the Compound radii.

Ron Kirn

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.