Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fret leveling yer tele.......101

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Ronkirn, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soulfixinman

soulfixinman Tele-Meister

Jul 21, 2009
    Summerville, SC
    yah Ron I got that covered already..the two pieces I picked out of the scrap bin when I got my corian leveling bar would be a lifetime supply for you and me, they are 3 by 5 footers, two of them.

2. 4string

4string Friend of Leo's

Feb 11, 2010
    Central California
    I'll do ya one better than that: ask for some sample squares 'so you can check them to the carpet etc'. Corian comes in about 100 colors, so you might need the whole kit! And then you forget to bring it back...........

3. bignote

bignote Tele-Meister

Aug 10, 2009
    Okinawa, Japan
    Thanks Ron, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

4. 4string

4string Friend of Leo's

Feb 11, 2010
    Central California
    ALLRIGHT! Take it down to Home Despot and have them cut it on their tile saw. Cut the length to 20 and then rip some 2" wide/1 1/2" etc. I think they charge half a buck per rip if I remember correctly.....................

We're getting there folks. Ebay may no longer have quartz poly beams available at the rate work is picking up......................:rolleyes:

ps: Yeah, we got some babes working in our design center too. Must be a "industry standard". :cool:

5. soulfixinman

soulfixinman Tele-Meister

Jul 21, 2009
    Summerville, SC
    The 27" one has partial slots cut in each end, and one little void in it, not on the edge but in the middle, it may have some high spots there, is there any way to smooth that out?

Tried Home Depot, they said they ony has one to rent, so I'll be looking for another place

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010

6. 4string

4string Friend of Leo's

Feb 11, 2010
    Central California
    You can ck for high by putting something flat/straight on it and see if it rocks. It would be my experience that this will not be the case. The void can be filled using polyester resin (what we use) or anything else you want like 5 minute epoxy. Overfill it so it has a slight bulge and let it set up hard. You then take a sigle edge razorblade and slowly scrape it down w/ the blade held vertical. Like using a hand scraper or draw knife. The blade cannot scratch the granite.

A void would not really need to be filled for a sanding beam, but that is how it is done. A little Softscrub witt put a slight polish on the resin too. We use tints to colormatch the resin, just like mixing up some nitro!

The dark pc is "Tropical Brown": very hard and durable.
    The smaller pc is "Dakota Mahogany". Comes from the Black Hills............

Get some silicon carbide sandpaper 80 grit. If you have a grinder that will speed things up. Use a dust mask!

Have fun!:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.