Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Free upgrade from Pod 1.0 to Pod 2.3!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TDPRI, Feb 19, 2004.

1. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    I have a Pod that I've owned since 1999 or so. It's version 1.0. When the Pod 2 came out, they wanted $50 or so to purchase the upgrade and since I didn't use mine much I gave it a pass.

Well, I was on the Line 6 site the other day and they had a notice that I could get a free update to v1.43 if I called and gave them my serial number. So, what the heck, I did it and the guy said we'll send it out right a way. It was totally free including postage. I didn't give them anything but my address.

Well, it showed up yesterday and it was an EPROM with Pod 2.3 on it.

COOL. Now that's the way to do business. I really appreciate that. I'm not sure it's all that much better, I just haven't used mine enough to know, but I'll give it some time and see what happens.

I thought I'd let you folks know about this deal.

Thanks
    Paul Green

2. Doug T.

Doug T. Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah .. I found this last week as well, and upgraded my POD 2.0 (2.1) to version 2.3.

And as you said, good customer service by offering a free (even delivery!) upgrade.

3. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Here
    I couldn't find it

Does anyone have a link to the free upgrade info? I searched the site and all I could find was upgrades to Version 2.0 for $59.99 at their online store. I have a POD v1.4 that I bought a few years ago and it would be nice to add some more sounds if it's still available for free. Thanks.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Re: I couldn't find it

This is all there is... and all you need:

The product that you are inquiring about is not updateable with a download and requires the installation of an E-Prom to update the firmware. To get the latest version please contact us in the U.S. and Canada at 818-575-3600 and in Europe at 011-44-1788-821-600. We will ask you for your serial number and will send out incremental updates at no charge.

6. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Here
  7. Snailhand

Snailhand Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2003
    well, Ok then. You know you just doubled the value of Pod 1's on Ebay don'tcha?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.