Some of you may remember that I built a guitar for a wounded veteran's foundation last year. Well, I'm going to do that again. I need to give this guitar to my niece for the fundraising sporting clays shoot in April. Figured I should start it now since some of my projects tend to take a little time Actually, I started it about a week ago so it might look like I'm working really fast in the next few posts. Believe me - it's an illusion! I didn't really have a plan when I started. But I did have this piece of Hickory. Ran that through the planer. Had to decide how to lay the body out to miss this spot. Cut it into two parts and trued up the edges with a straight edge and the 2" spiral router bit. Then, just to be different, decided to add a pinstripe of Rosewood veneer. And glued it up. I think that was it for the body on the first day. I knew I would have to chamber it to get rid of some weight. Also wanted belly and forearm cuts. This is how it looked the second day after a little bandsaw action. Of course, nobody will see this side when it's finished. On to the neck. Could have been easy. I had a Flame Maple Tele neck already cut out. Cut it several months ago. I kind of wanted to use a 3+3 headstock with my dovetail scarf joint, but I don't have much nice neck wood. Figured I'd just take the blank I have and make it way more difficult. The flame is pretty good, but I thought I'd add another pinstripe or two (kind of like Jfellows did in the challenge). I just laid out the design on the blank... ...cut it on the bandsaw... ...and glued in some RW veneer. Now this cut doesn't go all the way through the headstock, so to make it easier to glue the veneer in, I used a couple clamps to spread it open.